Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

why I joined here....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Default RE: why I joined here....

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

It was prolly a GS, and its sad to say but theres a lot of people out there that think there gs's are fast and prolly would race a mustang gt..
well the thread got bigger and of coarse it was a GT and the new eclipses are slow as ***** and I'm always wrong

[/sarcasm]

Old 01-28-2007, 03:22 PM

you just have to ignore it, people are always gonna think there cars are faster than others.. Even imports.. Some people just dont appreciate quick cars whether its a ford or honda or mitsubishi..

Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM

true that.... i get yelled at everday about having a foreign car. im always told by my buddy his impalla will ALWAYS beat me, no matter what i do. hes pushing maybe 320hp. i almost bought a gsx pushing about 325hp and i told him i more than likely would beat him with it, plus if i did buy it i would upgrade a few more things that i noticed werent on it. and NOPE no way in hell cuz its mitsubishi, my awd with more hp and less weight couldnt take his rwd less hp and more weight ya know, cuz its chevy and nothing can beat chevy just cuz he owns one.... sorry kinda pisses me off

Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 AM

Thats ok, my stock 3000gt blew away a few gt mustangs. so they can talk about there
Freakin
Obstructive
Road
Debres all they want lol.
i dont think they were talking about which car was faster, i belive they were talking about which one rusts faster.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 AM

everybody has differnt opinions... we have seen 1200hp evo's and also seen 1200hpmustangs... it all depends on how deep your pockets are and how commited you are to your car and how far you are willing to go. if i end up getting the GSX like i want... it will be between 550 and 600 whp and that's all i want. . . i'll lose to a 900 hp mustang all day long and think nothing of it b/c i know how far i'm willing to go. any further than that and i cant daily drive it and can't really drive it much other than at tracks and courses... once you get to a certain amount. . . its almost pointless.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

everybody has differnt opinions... we have seen 1200hp evo's and also seen 1200hpmustangs... it all depends on how deep your pockets are and how commited you are to your car and how far you are willing to go. if i end up getting the GSX like i want... it will be between 550 and 600 whp and that's all i want. . . i'll lose to a 900 hp mustang all day long and think nothing of it b/c i know how far i'm willing to go. any further than that and i cant daily drive it and can't really drive it much other than at tracks and courses... once you get to a certain amount. . . its almost pointless.
That's my kind of thinking....

Old 01-29-2007, 08:46 PM

horray for the common sense'ers lol yea i have a buddy that's talkin about ordering like stage 5 or somethin for his SRT-4 that will put him up to close to 750whp... i'm like dude, what's the point? you will NEVER get traction until LATE 4th and fifth? you have NOHHING but an interstate car...

Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 PM

i like srt-4's....they are beastly and i dont care what other people think...they make some good power too...saw one run 317 fwd on the dyno awhile back.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 PM

don't get me wrong... i'm not bashing on them, i like em... really, i have 5 friends that own them. i just think it's pointless to have 750whp in a fwd car! traction? what?

Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM

Go for it I say... The one with the most hp doesnt always win a race..

Theres a buddy of mine that builds mustangs. Hes in the process of putting a huge *** turbo in it and lookin to be around 800-900 hp to the wheels with it.. Props to him, he has 1 hell of a car.. But 90% of the mustangs around me wont even be able to stay with my gst.. So props for me.. But you have to remember, there will always be a car out there that is faster than yours.. So theres really no point in trash talking to another brand or make, b/c there is someone out there with a car that will beat yours.. So for us to say we will smoke any mustang out there just isnt true, likewise for them to say they will smoke any dsm/import, wont be true either... I give credit to anyone that sticks money into there car and can put down some serious hp to the wheels..

Quick Reply: why I joined here....