Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

widebands

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Default widebands

hey guys, i'm gettin ready to get some gauges for my furture turbo'd car (yes the IX is still at the top of my list by a long shot even though there is a Blue 04 [year and color i would want] srt-4 up at the jeep dealership for 15500 that i could pick up no prob). I'm looking at the ProSport blacked out blue gauges. I know i'm going blacked out but i have a question.... does ANYBODY know of any company that makes a GOOD Wideband other than AEM, i'd REALLY like to keep all my gauges the same if possible. It's just one of those nit-picky things of mine. Let me know. thanks.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Default RE: widebands

anybody ever heard of Innovative??? they make one called an LC-1... it's 289 + shipping (but i can prolly find it a bit cheaper somewhere else) but it looks like it's blacked out when not operating which is what i'm looking for but wanna make sure i wouldn't be buying a POS. let me know, thanks.
Innovate WB

Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM

The gauge itself looks pretty well done, but im not sure about the make, ill look around and see what i can find, but for 290... it has to be good

Old 06-12-2007, 02:55 PM

it better be good for that much $$$

Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 PM

just got the info i needed, EVOm said that they are one of the best manufacturers of widebands that there are. that's who i'm goin w/ thanks.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 PM

A friend of mine has the inovative wideband in his WS6.
One of the best gauges I have ever seen.
He paid $400, but he got a ton of stuff with it.
Its also compatible with the EFI Live tuning software.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:59 PM

They are a pretty good brand. I'm not fond of the blue LED display only though. I'm used to seeing from the corner of my eye the changes in color as the LED meter goes from stoich to rich/lean and having an LED with the numeric value right in the middle.
IMO, since you don't need this gauge just yet, save up for Innovates other stand alone kit
Innovate stand alone
If it's pricing that concerns you, then I'd suggest AEM's UEGO wideband. These things are getting cheaper in price lately. That one in the link is $260.

Honestly, I noticed that you were looking in ebay, but they don't have a bunch of diagnostic tools there. Seriously, all they had listed were OBD readers, some big bulky shop computers, and Innovate products. You're going to have to expand that and just type "wideband" in google.

Those two brands that are linked are really the 2 out of 4 brands used in most cars...yes, there are more. What are you looking for by chance? Looks? Price? Logging ability?