Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
TAKE THE MONEY!
81.82%
SAY NO TO THE MONEY!
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Default RE: WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?

well it happened when a 4" grinder I was using got caught in a bind and took off out of my hand and jumped into my face. I know most people would say hold onto the grinder better but mind you, THIS KIND OF THING DOES HAPPEN in this field or work, especially our kind where you are grinding things within REALLY close proximity. And in no way do I WANT to go to court and have this drug out. I really dont even want to go see how much I should be looking at, as was said, the damage is done, and I just want a fair offer. But on the other hand, I am scarred for life and my nose in my oppinion looks like ****. I know all my medical is going to be paid for, and my work paid me for the 2 days I took off. I just want to know what I should be looking at so I dont take a unfair to me amount. And as far as what happened, it cut half of my nose ALL the way through into the nostril and its been a month now and I still have no feeling in the left side of my nose and I will probably never get it back, and if I do, it will be very little. I know one thing, its really weird to have half of your nose itch and then when you go to scratch it it doesnt help, and its like this 24/7. Bugs the **** out of me. Either way, Im not greedy, I just want something thats fair.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM

Wow, well that is a pretty serious injury and you need to talk to somebody more knowledgable as far as how much you should get, what you should do...etc. Make an appointment with a personal injury lawyer as said in one of the replies above. Depending on how much you get there are pretty amazing things they can do for facial injuries.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:06 PM

so is your nose like completely screwed up or just a couple niks?

Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Dude re read his previous post the girder nearly ripped half the thing off. I'm sorry but I wouldn't be taking the first offer EVER. The first offer they HOPE you take because it's just like that briefcase gameshow. They want you to trade in your case for the lowest amount. You could easily be made for this. I know you don't want to but that itch will be with you for life (I can't smell unless things are VERY strong because I had my nose broke almost 10 years ago and I can tell you now you'll NEVER get it back. I actually had parts of my nose bone up under my forehead and because the town it happened in was all little redneck hicks and everyone knew each other the lawyers wouldn't take my case and I got nothing.) Get a fair amount for the factt aht you'll always be itching that side and will likely need cosmetic surgery to repair just the looks. ANGIOPLASTY lol

Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM

estraw did you not read above?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:05 PM

ok, heres some pics in case anyone wants to see.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: magnet

estraw did you not read above?
well ya i did, but i wasnt sure if you were exagerating or not... i guess you weren't from lookin at those pics, DAMN that musta hurt!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:23 PM

OUCHHHHHH!!!

Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: magnet

ok, heres some pics in case anyone wants to see.

damn near chopped your nose off!! i kinda liked how you did the decretive border on that one picture that was funny...but yea beat them up over the settlement.....but god damn atleast you have a whole nose.. you coulda ended up like chris farley in the movie 'Dirty Work' if you never seen it watch it..heeheehee its funny

Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 PM

lol...Ill never forget the SAIGON *****...anyway, it never hurt until a few days before the stitches came out. and now it bugs me all the time and is tender as hell. Ill tell you what hurt, I went to the ER and they said they wouldnt do anything with it and sent me to a face surgeon, but they STILL gave me like 15 shots in the face to numb it. And then I went to the face surgeon and then HE gave me about that many more shots in the face...THAT ****IN **** HURTS believe me. But when the grinder hit me, I didnt feel the cut, it just felt like someone hit me in the face.

Quick Reply: WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?