Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
TAKE THE MONEY!
81.82%
SAY NO TO THE MONEY!
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Default RE: WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?

dude you gotta stay away from those siagon ****** in the office! common man.... damn those people..lol.... and i dont knwo if you noticed but i think the reason its so tender is because........HALF YOUR NOSE ALMOST GOT CROPPED OFF! i just thaught i would remind you in-case that you forgot...lol...atleast you can joke about it...

Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Seriou7sly dude wait a year or 2 and it won't LOOK so bad. Also the itching is partially the stitches. (I had surgery on my nose and they went in on the inside that shyt itched FOREVER until it finished healing). Your nose likely will heal up. You may not have feeling in the lower have of it but the itching will stop as the body will likely cut off the nerves and make them heal the ends to dead ends.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:55 PM

I would find out how much it would cost to have the scar fixed or minimized if a cosmetic surgeon can do it, then add in a little for the aggrevation. Whether or not you decide to have the surgery, it will give you a good baseline to start at for monetary value of the injury. If you get a lawyer be prepared to pay $250-450 per hour in fees, even if you don't pay until after the case is over.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: magnet

ok, heres some pics in case anyone wants to see.

that scar dangerously resembles the one my sister had on her face for over a good 12 years before it even started to fade away enough to sorta hide it with make up.
She was feeding her friends dog in the park, and held a piece of bread in the air expecting the dog to jump up and get it, but instead the dog jumped up and bit her cheek off..........
Im just saying that scar is going to be there for a long time and even though you were holding the grinder, like my sister was holding the bread, the court mostly doesnt see it as your fault.
She got something like 200,000 in increments, after they offered her a settlement of some bull**** like 20,000. But she was also a child and the fact that she spent more time crying than not for a few years after the accident kind of effected their decision.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:07 AM

I also had stitches on the inside and outside. as far as the nerves, I KNOW they are severed because the grinding wheel went all the way through the left side of my nostril. And I was (in my mind) going to take any offer they throw at me as long as its over $15 grand. But Ill see what they offer me first. I have another appointment in 2 1/2 months and they will try to settle soon after that.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: magnet

I also had stitches on the inside and outside. as far as the nerves, I KNOW they are severed because the grinding wheel went all the way through the left side of my nostril. And I was (in my mind) going to take any offer they throw at me as long as its over $15 grand. But Ill see what they offer me first. I have another appointment in 2 1/2 months and they will try to settle soon after that.
i doubt it will be more than 15k

Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 PM

I agree...probably not. If its close to that its good enough for me.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 AM

holy ****....ouchhhh..

my only question is....do you think once you take that much money away from the company that you will be welcome back to work there again??? and if not is there somewhere else you have in mind to work at?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:33 AM

well, its workmans comp, and the money comes from the insurance company and not right from where I work. Their premiums may go up a little, but seeing as a couple other people got money for getting hurt within the past 2 years, Im definatly going to take it as my injury was worse than theirs. I also very seriously doubt that they will get rid of me, I have been there several years and its really hard to find and train someone to do the kind of techincal things that we do. We read and build things off blueprints that very few can decipher, and Im sure they wont want to go through all that with a new employee over a premium increase. Theres more than meets the eye too, Im sure I can go over all the other things that come into play but that would take forever. I am really confident there wont be any problems there as far as them wanting to get rid of me. And I also learned that in this state, Ill have to go to a mandatory meeting before a judge before the case can be closed because the judge will make sure I get a fair settlement. And if for some reason they want to get rid of me for this, well, I am a talented fabricator/welder, I can pretty much get any welding job at any other shops, I just may have to drive a little further, but it would probably pay more anyway. I really dont make as much as I should here.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:10 PM

and the fact that if you do lose your job over that you can turn around sue more because its illegal to fire someone who is injured (or something like that)

Quick Reply: WOuld you take a settlement if you got hurt at work?