Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yes I'm still alive

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default Yes I'm still alive

Just stopping by. I've been REALLY busy at work lately and haven't really managed to get to alot of things. Just wanted to pop in let you guys know I'm still around just haven't been able to get on as much and wish you all Happy Holidays.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Default RE: Yes I'm still alive

happy hollidays m8

Old 12-13-2008, 11:04 PM

I wouldlike to join this re. I have notbeen around too much either. I havesold the
1997 GTS to my #3 daughter, almost finished the 1979 Z and bought a modular and 1.75 acres at an auction and it is a full time job trying to get it ready to rent. We just pulled out of the inside and the outside 150 cubic yards of trash in one week, and we have not remodeled the inside or the outside yet and will need to replace both tubs and seal the inside because of smoking, animals and water stains.This is the dirtiest, grossest place we have ever bought. Bought it on October 17th and had to go to court to get the squatters out and we did everything as fast as the law would allow and we got them out December 5th and had to paytheir 638.00 electrical bill so we could get it in our name. We caught their buddies stealing the cable off theour place at 9pm after we, not really their friends, moved them out, so they could run cable to theirmotor home they are now living in across the street.The Prostreet is sitting. I am very busy. And, since some of my photobucket pictures got moved and the old pictures did notwork, on Members Present Yourself 3rd pagein this topic under a sticky, I haveupdated with a picture of my wife and myself on last years 25th wedding anniversery. I look more like Sparticus now with a beard since last year but maybe did not work out quite as much. Lol

Daughter #3Name:  winner.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  82.9 KB

1979 Z Camaro
Name:  P1010011.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  66.6 KB

The modular before cleanup
Name:  P1010040.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  104.9 KB
Name:  P1010035.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  96.8 KB

Prostreet, my final goal
Name:  P1010017-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  181.4 KB

Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 AM

mmhmm thats a very pretty daughter...and car...that combo has to be AMAZING!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 AM

oldschool: don't take this the wrong way, but...

your daughter: I'd do every hold n' ****

love,

slow

Sang: happy holidays mang! Hows the boat doing?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Work on the boat is going slow especially since the cold has been so on and freakin off. Found my mainsail won't raise fully so I'm going to have to drop the mast and figure out what's stopping it and clean things up towards the top. I did get a new sail cover made (The one with it was TORE up). Got some of the interior finished and back in place and picked up some foam board to make templates for the pieces missing.

OldSchool, you're gonna redo a '79 Camaro for me when I find one right? (I have actually been looking even talked to a guy about trading the Starion for one but my car was DEFINITELY worth at least twice his).

And JEEZ you've a hot daughter

Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 PM

If I ever get the time, I amgoing to clean my garage and finish my Prostreet with a big block and some sort of belt drive supercharger and try to get in the 850hp to 900hp range. My garage is a wreck with no time to clean. Too many parts and not enough room and I am a neat freak living in a messy world and it bugs me but I live on regardless, priorities. Again, the 1979 Z is going up for sale when finished, probably around May or June but it is not a hotrod, should have only 300hp and with the weight of those cars that is not much. I have to spend time and modify and make parts to get the AC brackets done and all the electrical issues fixed. It really is a very nice and nastalgic car and cleaner than most. I really don't like the finish of making cars, boring, but I do like the modifying of the chassis and making things work that the car did not come with, like the chassis and cage of the Prostreet, that was fun. Hooking up lights, dyeing interior parts, those kind of things tome are very boring.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I just hate having to work kinks out of cars when they start acting up sometimes. Especially when the car seems to want to fight you from beginning to end.

What about doing a frame off on my bug? Wanna help with that? lol

Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Work on the boat is going slow especially since the cold has been so on and freakin off. Found my mainsail won't raise fully so I'm going to have to drop the mast and figure out what's stopping it and clean things up towards the top. I did get a new sail cover made (The one with it was TORE up). Got some of the interior finished and back in place and picked up some foam board to make templates for the pieces missing.

OldSchool, you're gonna redo a '79 Camaro for me when I find one right? (I have actually been looking even talked to a guy about trading the Starion for one but my car was DEFINITELY worth at least twice his).

And JEEZ you've a hot daughter
c'est... le bateau

Boats are worst than cars, in terms of cash required to keep 'em afloat. This summer mom and dad had to pull the sport fisher because the ****er had a crack on a strafe and it was taking on water. The whole thing ran like 3 g's to re-glass and ****.

What did you name it btw?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well I haven't actually named her yet but I'm thinking since the big boat is named the Naughty Cuss, I'll name the little one the Naughty Lass. Say 'em aloud and you'll get the reference if you say them fast enough

Quick Reply: Yes I'm still alive