Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yo people wats good!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Default Yo people wats good!

yea im still alive, the altima is still in pieces but IS ready for paint. the car is lowered 2.5" with the D2 coil overs, front bumper is customized, new 00-01 rear bumper is on, doors are done, interior is changed, getting a new paint gun, and racing seats (pics are at my myspace, www.myspace.com/striker01) still waiting for a good set of cheap wheels to roll on by, and im leaving the entire car stock (over the summer im building a KA24, stroking it to a 2.65, Turbo Stillen cams etc) but before i do that i need to lear how to build otors. wich is perfect. my assistant manager is redoing a fox body mustang and he gave me (yes just GAVE me) a 2.3l 4 cyl mustang motor to dick around with, im gonna rip it apart, port and polish it, re cross hatch it, new bearings (he said he probabyl screwed something on the bottom or top end) just basically practice **** on it, its not gonna run any time soon (would be sick if it did someday, ill see if i can though) so after i finish the mock up motor and time it and ****, ill get a KA and invest in that, make a cat back with a quiet muffler and hopefully ill start making some decent power. hows everyone been?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM

now for pics of the alti, heres some before (the first repaint,factory color, rice red engine bay)
look at the front bumper specifically

and during, getting ready for the bayside blue

i got another valve cover and painted it flat black, sanded out the lettering so its silver, and im looking for blue or black silocone vacum hoses, the red ones are pissing me off

the front bumper i deeted the trim and built the pillars up to meet the hood and cut out the retared fake air ducts, its annoying they make an effort to put fake ones there rather than to cut the damn things out

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Car looks good and sounds like you have some big plans, can you swap in the sr20 engine?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned

That is awesome JP!!

I hope the paint comes out just the way you want it.

Quit with the bull**** and get it done already!

Also, is that an automatic??????

Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM

yes its a tardomatic, yes it could, but no the SR20 swap is just retarded, with the money id put into a swap, i could have a stroked KA24 with stillen racing cams and a turbo putting out 15+ PSI

i got another headlight today for the alti now i have a pair, ones brand new the other is used (so one IS faded) also the used one is missing some light bulb clips wich is ok, im blacking em out, putting Led RUNNING LIGHTS AND TURN SIGNALS AND tsx PROJECTORS IN THE FUTURE (caps lock, to lazy to retype)

Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Banned

Next task, convert to 5spd.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM

that im debating, with a 5spd ill get my power more efficiently and effectively to the ground, and also have a slightly higher top speed and faster acceleration with some of the stuff i could get for a manual transmission.

but however an automatic is better for boost (when i put in the turbo on the KA ill be gettin and rebuilding) mainly because you dont have to let off of the gas and having the turbo not have to re spool everytime i get off the gas, with auto i dont have to let off the gas, the turbo keeps spooling, but the downside i cook my trans fluid...

the manual swap ill need a clutch, new computer and cables to go with it. the only thing i wont be looking forward to are clutch problems. like the jeep now, the slave master cylinder is going, i have to fill it up with fluid all the time, for that i have to drop the trans and transfer case, ad put in the new part. auto have less problems from what ive experienced. but im sure if i ever need to fix one, ill just get a new one because of the dozens of tiny clutches inside the auto's

like i said, still debating. ill build the motor up, and bolt a trans to it later when i decide wat i want

EDIT, after the paint, im getting a cat back, possibly headers and cat, and an SE rear spindle/brake setup. the SE has disc, i have drums

Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Banned

It isn't all that difficult to convert those. The holes are already pre marked.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:51 PM

i know, but its still a pain in the *** haha

Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Do the 5 spd swap!!!, cant wait for more pics

Quick Reply: Yo people wats good!