Pajero 2007 MMCS J-02 English Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Benckj
I've got an adaptor set which goes from IDE/SADA to USB but have not tried with my laptop. If it looks like it would work for you could post off for you to try.

Jim
That'd be awesome but I THINK I read somewhere it had to be plugged right into your laptop as opposed to being plugged in via USB

Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 AM

The one I have does both. The way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong but the MMCS HDD need to be connected to laptop HDD slot for Linux boot up so may be unlocked. Then the PC can be shut down, orginal HDD installed in laptop and Windows used to transfer Loading.KWI file across vis USB. Otherwise, you would need to do everything in Linux (or Unix language).

jim

Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Benckj
The one I have does both. The way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong but the MMCS HDD need to be connected to laptop HDD slot for Linux boot up so may be unlocked. Then the PC can be shut down, orginal HDD installed in laptop and Windows used to transfer Loading.KWI file across vis USB. Otherwise, you would need to do everything in Linux (or Unix language).

jim
This would make sense, I was a tad confused on that part. Great I don't know where to go or what to do now. I mean we're just thinking of getting someone else to do, because apparently Giz Tec just sends you a disc, but also, apparently, thats in the 100s, and I could spend far less than that just by doing it all myself. At the same time I wouldn't want there to be any bugs in the system, considering the LOADING.kwi is for J-01 and there might be hardware differences in J-02

Old 09-23-2014, 04:58 AM

I still plan to give it a go. If the software doesn't work on JS-02 then I will just reinstall original Loading file. I'd like to know how to unlock & load software myself so when updates or maps become available then I'm ready to do. There are a couple others on forum willing to help if things fall over.

Jim

Old 09-24-2014, 06:24 PM

Well I reached a dead end myself. The IDE/Sata adaptor I have wouldn't connect with HDD on either of the 2 Toshiba laptops I have. So I either have to tear down my desktop PC or find another adaptor. Took some phone pics but now I'm having problems with seeing your pics on forum and getting message from administrator that my iPhone IP address has been locked out. I swear its the case of one step forward and two back.

If you want to try my SADA adapter I'd be happy to post it off provided you return it when done. I borrowed it from work through our IT department. If I could see your pics I could verify that it would work. Maybe if you get yours to work mine could be next?

Might be a good idea to email me if possible. I'll try and find yours but would be a better way to go. PM sent which I may try and rope HJB into giving us some guidance as he seems to be very clued up on this process. Still no answer on if the LOADING.KWI file will work on JS-02 version.

BTW I may have found a way to get OZ GPS maps which include NZ. Not happy to try downloading at work due to our firewall but may be worth checking out.

MMCS Mitsubishi Australia GPS DVD Version 18

Old 09-26-2014, 03:10 AM

I have hard drive enclosures for both SATA and IDE and they both have USB 2 connectors which plug into any computer so it shouldn't be any problem using them. I bought mine in the USA for about $20 each enclosure some time ago. I am an Apple Mac user. Not running Linux at this time but have WMWare.

Could you explain for a beginner exactly what this discussion is all about. My 1999 Pajero has an on-board computer which is all in Japanese. Does this thread suggest that it contains a hard drive which can be removed and reprogrammed from a web site to work in English? If so can you get GPS with New Zealand maps and altitude display? I thought they might require a subscription plan in Japan. Meanwhile I will use my TomTom. Thanks.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:43 AM
Default Photo of Japanese controls for Radio/CD/TV/GPS/etc

I have attempted to attach a photo of the buttons with Japanese characters. I snapped this just before I left New Zealand. I am now in Tennessee but will be back in NZ in a few months.

Attached Thumbnails Pajero 2007 MMCS J-02 English Conversion?-mitsubishi-pajero-japanese-mmcs-computer-controls-web280px.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM

The later model MMCS units came with hard drive similar to what's in a laptop. On these models it is possible to crack into disk and install file which converts to English. Some can also get correct GPS data and maps to work but not all.

I may have a English manual to help you but is at work. Try and dig copy out to email you.