Triton GLX-R MN 2010 Model (Australian) MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Default Triton GLX-R MN 2010 Model (Australian) MMCS

Hi,

We purchased the new MN GLX-R Triton not long ago. Am happy with the vehicle, however am very disappointed with the MMCS in that it does not tell you fuel consumption, or other useful data that it should. Had I not updated to the MMCS, I would have all this information readily available. Shame on MMAL for letting something like this slip through the cracks.

It appears to be the same Kenwood system mentioned in other threads here. I have seen the system in a Subaru, and the Subaru shows all this data, so clearly the system is capable of displaying this information. Perhaps MMAL have failed to hook up the necessary cables? I am not sure. but it seems increasingly likely!

Furthermore, what is the difference in looking at the sat nav screen occasionally whilst driving as opposed to doing the same for a bloody dvd, or the screaming kids in the back seat!?

The other let down is the phone system. I cannot dial out whilst moving, so I am forced to pick up my phone to make the call and then use it through the handsfree system.

Bloody stupid system!

How is your MN GLX-R Triton? Do you face the same problems?
Do MMAL care to offer any solution?

Last edited by McFeast; 03-13-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by McFeast
Hi,

We purchased the new MN GLX-R Triton not long ago. Am happy with the vehicle, however am very disappointed with the MMCS in that it does not tell you fuel consumption, or other useful data that it should. Had I not updated to the MMCS, I would have all this information readily available. Shame on MMAL for letting something like this slip through the cracks.

It appears to be the same Kenwood system mentioned in other threads here. I have seen the system in a Subaru, and the Subaru shows all this data, so clearly the system is capable of displaying this information. Perhaps MMAL have failed to hook up the necessary cables? I am not sure. but it seems increasingly likely!

Furthermore, what is the difference in looking at the sat nav screen occasionally whilst driving as opposed to doing the same for a bloody dvd, or the screaming kids in the back seat!?

The other let down is the phone system. I cannot dial out whilst moving, so I am forced to pick up my phone to make the call and then use it through the handsfree system.

Bloody stupid system!

How is your MN GLX-R Triton? Do you face the same problems?
Do MMAL care to offer any solution?
Hi McFeast,

I just took delivery of a new Triton 4x4 2.5 GLX-R last Monday. So far [all of 3 days worth!] its seems great.

Firstly, using the MMCS to make or receive calls appears to work fine using my iPhone. I have loaded a few contacts into the MMCS and simply touch the screen, select the name and make the call, all while moving. Alternativelly I can dial the number on the MMCS and make the call as well.

I agree with the lack of fuel consumption and other data etc menus which the standard radio has. Why not include those features in the Australian MMCS version I simply cannot fathom. Interestingly, if you read towards the end of the MMCS booklet you may note that there appears to be a version which has the additional menus ie, to see all those extra features such as fuel consumption, barometric pressure etc.

Does that then mean that the sensors and wiring is pre-existing in the vehicle from factory, and that these features are simply not accessible to the MMCS unit who knows.

I don't know if for example the MMCS unit was factory fitted before arrival to Australia or re-trofitted here by Mitsubishi ??

If it was retrofitted here, then that would imply the sensors and wiring are in place, since they would have been used on the original factory radio before being removed for the installation of the MMCS. So then perhaps a software change to the MMCS would enable them, assuming these physical conections [from the sensors] where made to the MMCS unit in the first place.

Could keep me wondering for the next 100 years about that. Anyway its early days and maybe as time goes on some forum member will have an answer.

cheers

Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 PM

Has anyone figured this out as yet?? I have also just purchased the new Triton and am gobsmacked at the lack of trip data.

The manual clearly shows another version that has all of this info - Does anyone know of a way to unlock this? Is there some kind of hack that can be done to get thsi trip data?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Default MMCS info

Hi guys now Ive done some research and here are some answers...
The MMCS is fitted in the factory
apparently there is no wiring to hook up the functions you lose if you choose the MMCS over the multi function display. Ive spoken to MMAL about this and they say its either one or the other and Im searching the net to see if there is a way to get those functions on the MMCS that MMAL is not telling me but nothing yet. I know that overseas its possible to have them on the MMCS but not for here in AUS.
Anyone found or know anything???

Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 AM

The thing is that the manually for the bloody thing shows the extra screens in it... soooo frustrating.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Default Ipod

Has anyone been able to get their IPod menu up on the MMCS, I have purchased the correct cable from apple, connected it all up and nothing. I can play my IPod through the system but no menus as shown in the manual. Its great having a manual that shows you all the things that you should be able to do but cant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Default Fix the MMCS issue

"The Mitsubishi Multimedia Communications System or MMCS, is a fully integrated Kenwood based media system for Mitsubishi Vehicles. The MMCS incorporates iPod interface, GPS, Bluetooth Phone Integration, DVD (Front and Rear) and high end audio player for MP3, CD, Tuner.

The MMCS has been designed to meet various regulations from around the world, this has resulted in a somewhat limited level of functionality being available whilst the vehicle is in motion.

The 'Resource It Gadgets' Interface addresses all the restrictions with the exception of the DVD being viewable through the MMCS display whilst the vehicle is in motion - this is the one function that is prohibited by law through most countries. In Australia, the ability to play a DVD whilst the vehicle is in motion will render the vehicle 'un-roadworthy'

The MMCS Override interface is available through selected Mitsubishi Dealers, or directly from supplier by clicking the following link..."

www.resourceit.com.au/MMCS

Last edited by Bernard; 08-24-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bernard
"The Mitsubishi Multimedia Communications System or MMCS, is a fully integrated Kenwood based media system for Mitsubishi Vehicles. The MMCS incorporates iPod interface, GPS, Bluetooth Phone Integration, DVD (Front and Rear) and high end audio player for MP3, CD, Tuner.

The MMCS has been designed to meet various regulations from around the world, this has resulted in a somewhat limited level of functionality being available whilst the vehicle is in motion.

The 'Resource It Gadgets' Interface addresses all the restrictions with the exception of the DVD being viewable through the MMCS display whilst the vehicle is in motion - this is the one function that is prohibited by law through most countries. In Australia, the ability to play a DVD whilst the vehicle is in motion will render the vehicle 'un-roadworthy'

The MMCS Override interface is available through selected Mitsubishi Dealers, or directly from supplier by clicking the following link..."

www.resourceit.com.au/MMCS
For $210 !!! I recently bought an ASX aspire, It absolutley does my head in that you cant dial whilst the car is in motion - and you cant voice dial on your phone because of the MMCS.... In Aus its not legal to touch your mobile whilst driving HOWEVER the law doesnt stipulate anything about dialling through a comm system that is bluetoothed to your phone... come on MITS get your act together and get an update of some sort so we can use it!

Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Default Resource it Gadget

Well I got my kit in the mail last week and it took me about an hour and a half to install it. I bought the advanced kit but the light in the switch is not working, this does not really matter that much as you just toggle the switch and you will soon know if it is on or off. It all works well, the instructions that come with it are for a Pajero but it is all basically the same.

If you are a Triton owner you will have difficulty mounting the box anywhere near the MMCS unit, I mounted mine down near the clove box. Getting the dash cover off is a bit tricky so email me if you want to know how to do it.

Anyway it all works great and now I can use the MMCS whilst driving, so thank you resource it.

Cheers
Wizz

Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Thumbs down MMCS - Not worth a piece of Sh#t

Hi,

I also picked up my new Triton GLX-R on the 20/12/2010 . After having a play with the MMCS and trying to view the trip computer section, I had to phone up Mitsubishi as I thought I was doing something incorrect and was told that it was not available in the Triton. Very dissapointed with that and will be advising anybody who is thinking about purchasing a Trition to think again. Another thing that is wrong is I have fitted a wireless reverse camera on the rear of my Caravan and the sensor is in the centre console connected to the AV plugs, it works great until I start to reverse, the picture goes off which makes it pretty hard to see what is behind you. If I happen to run over somebody or back into something, I will be sending the insurance claims to Mitsubishi. Think I will rip out the MMCS, throw it in the bin and purchase a Navman with built in reverse camera. NOT HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gypsies101; 12-29-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Triton GLX-R MN 2010 Model (Australian) MMCS