PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

aftermarket fuel pressure regulator

Old 08-13-2005, 01:31 AM
Default RE: aftermarket fuel pressure regulator

i wouldnt say everyone loves to vent. i used to think it was cool years ago but now i think it sounds pretty lame and id rather have better turbo spool up between shifts. on another note, the maf translator is not easier to tune than an safc. the ***** make very course adjustments, you have less range, and overall is very poor on its own. maft + safc is a good combo to fine tune, but an safc is also good on its own and you can find one for $150 used (as apposed to $350+ for the maft) id only reccomend the maft for 1g's because their maf is smaller and its a good upgrade when bigg turbos. 2g maf's are fine though

Old 08-14-2005, 09:28 AM

how does not venting your bov, give you better spool up and before you answer that, look at what is being used to race on the tracks. external wastegates and bov that vent. no one is recirculating there bov. the maft tunes just fine. you can always use something else to improve upon something. and the maft set up only cost 250. not 350. the 2g maf is very restictive, and you can tell a huge hp increase when you get ride of it.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:33 AM

and about the part were they sound lame,hmm if you only get a bov because of the sound then thats lame. but if you get it because you need it then i will have to disagree with you. the sound of a turbo spooling up then blowing off is hardly a lame sound, all i hear is hp. but thats just me.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:08 PM

1. its pretty common sense how it give you better spool up. ever notice where the recirc tube goes? back into the snorkel tube right before the turbo. you can either have that air go back into your intake where it should be going, it will keep the turbos compressor wheel spinning between shifts, or it can be vented and your turbo will have to spool up again after every shift.
2. you can easily run low 11's on a stock 2g maf, it is not that restricive you dont know what you are talking about here.
3. bovs vented do sound lame. greddy and hks spend more time engineering ways to make it sound like a lame sneeze or bird than they do on its performance. unless your running like 30psi, a crushed 1g bov actually performs better than any other bov.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:36 AM

1. if its common sense why is it not being done? i mean you would think that shep and rau would know how to make a dsm fast. yet they run a stright turbo no intake no dumptube. and they run 7's and 8's quaters.

2.what is your car running in the quater.

3.simple fact, objects in intake restirct air flow, more air flow more hp.

4. i think greddy and hks have proven them selfs to be performance friendly.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:39 PM

When you recirculate what is getting in the way of the intake? If you cut the dump tube inside the stock intake or get an injen intake nothing is blocking airflow.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 PM

the mas.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 96awd

1. if its common sense why is it not being done? i mean you would think that shep and rau would know how to make a dsm fast. yet they run a stright turbo no intake no dumptube. and they run 7's and 8's quaters.

2.what is your car running in the quater.

3.simple fact, objects in intake restirct air flow, more air flow more hp.

4. i think greddy and hks have proven them selfs to be performance friendly.

1. Weak argument. With your logic I should just go buy a giant turbo and slap it in because thats what shep does. People on this board do not run 7's and 8's and for the average DSMer recirculating is the wiser choice.

2. My car runs high to mid 12's right now

3. Again, not making sense. Just as the last guy posted, as long as the dump tube is cut there are no restrictions it just dumps more air back into the intake. More airflow = more hp....right?? You can continue arguing and think you are right, I have vented and I have recirced and my car is faster recirculating given the same setup.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:01 PM

had my SAFC installed....now i, have to dyno tune.... how much a dyno tuning cost??

Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 PM

never mind...found one. @ GROUP 5 motorsport, so expensive. $100.00 per run...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aftermarket fuel pressure regulator