PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Fuel problems red hot

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Banned
Default RE: Fuel problems red hot

Dude... im telling you ... YOUR FINE!

Any cleaner wont do you any good. If you want to monitor the problem then get a wideband or an EGT guage... or both

Old 09-24-2006, 03:46 AM

chevron concentrated fuel system cleaner. best used when you are about empty. Might also want to pull your injectors and just clean them. Get a fuel pressure gauge to check your fuel pressure. That way you can see if you are starving your engine for fuel. Pull your plugs and if they are white then you are running really rich, I think. Might be the other way around. Check oil pressure.
As far as I know as long as your turbo is not smoking then you should not have too much of a problem.
Check your intercooler as well to make sure it is running properly.
Basically process of elimination. If all your vacuum line are running good and your intercooler piping has not leaks then you now your running a safe boost. Maybe just turn down your boost a little. "More boost does not necessarily mean more power." One of my friend favorite quotes.
The wideband is a good idea.
I'm not too sure but if something is running hot enough to melt thing then that is not good.
Basically process of elimination. Check and recheck and check again. Have someone with you that has a lot of knowledge about turbos. That sometimes helps they might think of something that you haven't.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

I dissagree with you. I think all he needs would be a wideband and a EGT gauge. I still think the car is absolutly fine.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 PM

Its more for peace of mind then anything else. Better to be safe then sorry. Besides we really don't know unless we actually see the car. It could be a multiple of problems that are occuring that we don't know about or its just nothing. I myself would rather check then just let it be.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

THE CAR IS FINE

Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 PM

ok if u say so

Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM

After I put the walbro 190l in I noticed a increase in mpg by like 1.5 mpg. as to date I have replaced the fuel pum, fuel filter mas, fuel pressure silnoid and checked my ic piping. The only thing left is the injectors right? If do get new ones will 550cc work without having to get a safc or dsmlink? and what are good brands to look for.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Dude... im not goin to say it again.. its fine... but if you want to be safe... get an EGT gauge and get a wideband just to be safe...

Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 PM

You don't have to say it again just don't post. Beside if I do get a egt and wide band and it tells me I'm really hot then what do i do I'm just trying to weight my options

Old 09-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned

Find out why... that would mean checking you have constant fuel pressure ect... injectors are ok.. .ect... but i still highly doubt that anything is wrong. My exhaust manifold glows all the time.

Quick Reply: Fuel problems red hot