PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

megasquirt ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Default megasquirt ???

hey guys..
looking at doing a fully built 6 bolt in the spring and going over the options i have for management.
i have talket to a couple of peeps about this, and just wondering who's running MS on here.
curiosity thats all...

Old 12-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: megasquirt ???

I say go with dsmlink, it'll let you control every aspect of anything you could ever think of

Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 PM

yes and no ....
the reason being is that i have to track down a 95 ecu and at that im not even sure if it will plug in!!!
the cheapest i found was $350 and for $100 more i can get the preassembled MS2 with V3 board.
also will allow me to completely remove the MAF and use a WBO2 fortunning and monitoring AFR versus the DSMLink where it will only allow me to log it!

As far as ignition im going with a COP setup and a Crane HI6DI2 box to drive them.
also the crane box will allow me to have a second staged RPM Limit set by grouding out the secondary limiter whire which can be set at the box, and this will in turn drop every other cylinder. soif your firing order is 1342 then cyl1 will be droped, 3 will fire, 4 will be droped and 2 will fire, next cycle 1 will fire, 3 will be droped, 4 will fire and 2 will be dropped.
this for a turbo car will work awesome since it would almost work like antilag since you will dump the unburned fuel into the manifold where it will ignite and cause the turbo to spool up immidiately. but as like all antilag features its very hard on the turbo and on the manifold since the heat has been moved from the combustion chamber to the manifold and extreme heat is produced!!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

here is the best DIY on this
http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_arti...alon_laser.htm

Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 PM

thanks buddy
thats who i was actually got the kit from.
and thats even better cuz now i know when i order it i can tell them to build it for a 4G63T.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

no problem. Keep us updated on the build

Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM

not an issue
i've been folowing their progress from almost the begining and have a lot of friends that use their units and actually 3 or 4 of the guys have 1st gen DSM's

but since i recently moved i've unloaded a lot of equipment and tools that i havent moved with me and between one of those was my sothering station with the rest of the stuff that i had for electronics repair.
so i have to order it assembled and then just wire it in.
the boost controll will be sepparate and i will be using an electonic boost controller and my fuel and timing maps will be tune to 25-30Psi this way my fueling and timing is spot on regardless where the boost is set to.
anyway's...
with a lil elbow grease and a lil bit of thinkering
i can get it tuned just as good as the guys with the AEM or the DSMLink.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Cool

I'm buying a 1995 Eclipse Gs that has been turbo'd. It has Megasquirt ecu V3 and needs 3 of the relays ran. How is this done and how complicated is the process of doing this?