For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

FS: '98 Eclipse Spyder GS 5-speed 62k $5300 must sell ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Default FS: '98 Eclipse Spyder GS 5-speed 62k $5000 must sell ASAP!

Well, I currently got laid off and so i'm going back and forth on whether or not to sell my eclipse. It's a tough decision but i'll throw it out there and see what the interest is. Overall, this is a nice running car with very low mileage for its age. I just had it inspected last month so its good to go for another year. It also has performance headers, aftermarket exhaust, and 17" wheels. It does have some issues, none of which really hinder the cars driveability.
Right now its throwing a check engine code for the mass air flow sensor. So at times the idle will fluctuate from 1,000 rpm to 1,300 rpm while sitting. It also needs an alignment which I will have done before any sale takes place.
ENGINE - The engine is in excellent condition, very clean, no leaks whatsoever. The serpentine belt squeaks every now and then when you first start it up for about 1 second. Thats a cheap fix.
INTERIOR - Gray leather interior, I would give 8/10. Not in perfect shape but definately very good condition. No rips or holes. Very few wear marks. Back seats are 10/10. Still has the stock Infinity Cd player/Radio/Cassette combo in it. The CD player stopped working a while ago, but the Radio is still good.
EXTERIOR - I would give the exterior a 7/10 just because at some point in time it got a new paint job and there are a couple drip marks if you get up close to it, but standing back you can't see them. Front tires have about 90% tread and rear tires have about 70% tread. The aftermarket exhaust rattles from time to time because some of the baffles in the muffler broke loose. Also, the hood is kind of a pain to close, you have to slam it down pretty hard or it won't lock right. Also the power antenna will need some work.
CONVERTIBLE TOP - The top is in pretty good shape. No tears at all, and hardly ever lets any water in. The brackets on the middle crossbar that help pull the top back correctly broke off so when you put the top down you have to push some of the fabric back into place so it will fit in the rear compartment the way its supposed to. Takes about 30 seconds for me to do this so it doesn't bother me enough to have new brackets installed. This is a very common problem with the Spyders according to people that i've talked to about it.
Overall this is a very nice ride that runs great, shifts smoothly and would be nice for the summer months ahead. This is the 2nd Spyder i've owned and they are very fun to drive I will surely hate to see it go. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and if you would like to see more pictures I can get those as well. Thanks!

Last edited by spyder9669; 04-14-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: price drop
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM

dropped price to $5,000...

Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM

price drop to $4500. priced to sell i need it gone by the end of the month this is a steal........