Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 OUTLANDER control arm help AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM

I just checked myself and they are the same part number! wtf???

PLUS in the picture of Ultra-power arms on the Rockauto site, they are shown as being boxed:

so now I'm wondering if these weren't even completely assembled!!!

Old 07-24-2020, 07:01 AM

I just received a recall notice about the front lower control arms for my 2010 Outlander. I've got to take a look at them and see their condition. If they are rusted as much or more than the photos in this thread, how concerned should I be? I live in a state with lots of road salt in the winter.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ZMoney
I just received a recall notice about the front lower control arms for my 2010 Outlander. I've got to take a look at them and see their condition. If they are rusted as much or more than the photos in this thread, how concerned should I be? I live in a state with lots of road salt in the winter.
if there is any rust at all, especially if there is any type of hole rusted through, make them replace them... I battled with them for well over a year going between three Mitsubishi dealerships until I wore the service advisor out at one of them....Finally spoke to a regional manager to get involved and agreed to replace my lower crossmember which had a hole the size of a golf ball through it period. 1 YEAR prior to that, I took it in for the recall and even though there was a small hole there they filled it with some kind of anti-ruant B.S.spray that did absolutely nothing. By the way, when and if they replace it, everything is replaced except for sway bar end links..

Old 07-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Also wanted to mention that if you are replacing control arms, do not buy any aftermarket control arms they will fail in a short amount of time. They are all garbage. Spend the extra $80 and buy the control arms from the dealer. Will last 80,000 miles or more. Thought this would be helpful just in case they will not replace the control arms for you

Old 07-25-2020, 11:42 AM

Thank you for the advice! They look to be in good shape. We'll see how this plays out. The recall notice said if I'm really concerned to have them inspected at the dealer. For everyone else, wait around for another letter that says the parts have arrived at dealers and they can inspect and do the work in the same visit.