Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

evo8 vs. wrx

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 06:06 AM
Default evo8 vs. wrx

just to see what you ppl think who do you think would win in a 1/4 race between a stock evo 8 against a wrx with hks bov and full hks exhaust and k&n intake hit me back to see what you think.........

Old 09-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Default RE: evo8 vs. wrx

I would say the Evo would win...unless the wrx is a STI.

WRX: BOV gives no more power. Exhaust and Intake power increase would just make up for the power difference bewtween a regular WRX and an EVO.

I could be wring tho

Old 09-18-2005, 05:34 PM

The wrx is sti.......still wanna know how bad the evo killed the wrx in 1/4 race..........

Old 09-18-2005, 05:37 PM

Since its an STI it would beat the EVO VIII. Factory they are within .1 seconds of each other. And depeanding on which review you read gives a different winner. So with any type of aftermarket on on or the other SHOULD push it over the other vehice.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:39 PM

The only way you could ever know who would win would be to actually try it. Driver makes a big difference also. a 16 yr old who has never driven a sports car could get beat by a far less worthy vehicle with the correct driver.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:49 PM

The evo jumped the wrx every time on the line and pulled the wrx and beat him by atleast 5 car lengths every time they raced and they lined up about 6 time last night. My friend cory just baught the evo a week ogo and the wrx belongs to a another kid in our town, but the bottom line is is that the wrx did not have a chane against the evo 8.....

Old 09-18-2005, 05:57 PM

If you know the result then why did you ask?

I wasnt there and its probably the driver. But if you have read any car magazine, or watched any videos of evo vs sti. They are just about dead even.

this is from sport compact (both cars fully stock): http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...307scc_stievo/

The STi, we can report, is the king of this contest. Burnouts, powerslides, drifts, more burnouts--you name it. If it involves brute force and spinning tires, then it's in the STi's repertoire. Launching the car is easy; far easier, in fact, than launching the EVO. Dial in as many revs as you want and feed out the clutch. The result, at any engine speed above 3500 rpm, is spinning tires. Four spinning tires. More revs equal more wheelspin. And it's painfully fast. Zero to 60 in 4.9 seconds. Through the 1,320 in 13.1 seconds at 105 mph. That's .4 seconds quicker to 60 and .3 seconds quicker in the quarter mile than the EVO. Not only that, but the STi feels indestructible. The six-speed box notches solidly between gears with a more hard-edged, mechanical engagement than the EVO's cable-shifted box. This is good, since you'll be shifting more in the STi. What's more, the clutch can be modulated to produce launches which will punish brain cells on a level usually reserved for Naval aviators. And it will do it time after time. No wimpy clutch here, thank you very much

So I would say that it was in the driver in your friends case. But I would tell your friend to gently break that evo in before launching hard again. The clutch has been known to only last 40 good hard launches...

Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Well, whichever is better, I still prefer the EVO. I'd make a slight power sacrifice for it's pimp styling.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:24 PM

amen to that... But you could put a little $ under the hood of the evo and be pushing more hp then most STI's out there... Usually you don't see people do much to them after they buy em.. (Basically b/c they don't have to). But ya the evo is a sweet *** design.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 PM

Oh fo' sho, TA.

Those are such sweet rides, man, I love them. I just wish I saw more modified ones around here. Haven't seen one yet.

Quick Reply: evo8 vs. wrx