Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

finally! pics of my ride. comments, please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Default finally! pics of my ride. comments, please.

this was the 2800 grand car i bought. heres a few overall pictures and i'll get into detail with the others ...

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  139.3 KB

let me go into a little more detail now...

this wire hides in front of the radiator. its to open the hood.

crack in the windshield.

chip/crack in the spoiler.

missing third brake lamp.

cracked foglight lens that is physically impossible for me to remove because of all the rust.

crack in the front bumper. maybe a little bondo ... maybe a little replacing. dunno yet.

the previous owner obviously brought this car to a chrome shop cause the silver is chipping.

big *** dent on drivers side door. i doubt bondo will take care of it ... i dunno if repairing the door is cheaper than just getting one from the junk yard and getting that repainted....

fat tires ... people tell me it looks flat, but it just looks like that. something tells me its kinda bad ... something about rubbing.

this car loves rust ... heres the exhaust.

and the valve cover leak i believe ... is coming from this end. i see some kind of an adhesive sticking out from this side already.

what pictures i forgot or couldnt show was the very hard to open trunk and the chipping paint. if you guys know an easy or best way i can fix these small problems, please tell me. i can use ALL the advice in the world. =)

okay, i think you guys kinda gotta help me with this html stuff ...

Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Default RE: finally! pics of my ride. comments, please.

pics dont work.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:21 PM

yeah, im having trouble with the html-ing crap.

edited: okay, i think i got it ... give me a minute or 2 to fix this...

Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Pics fixed. All you have to copy is the "http:addy" part not the whole "img source...blah, blah".

That valve cover looks to have been over torqued. That's either some sort of gasket maker or the actual gasket coming out. You're venting to atmosphere (bov), that's not good because I don't even see a FM MAF+T (not your fault obviously).
What is the tire's size?
Go to the junk yard, get a "new" door and get yourself a "new" hood latch cable.
The Pioneer headunit needs the brackets redone. I have one too and I redid it so that it sits flush with the kit instead of sticking out like that one does....another note....you can also just remove the trim ring and call it a day.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97
That valve cover looks to have been over torqued. That's either some sort of gasket maker or the actual gasket coming out. You're venting to atmosphere (bov), that's not good because I don't even see a FM MAF+T (not your fault obviously).
please explain. im a 2 year old when it comes to automotive termonology. the only thing i understood was "thats not good" ... im gonna have to go outside and check what the tires are... but the brand is yokohama.

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97
The Pioneer headunit needs the brackets redone. I have one too and I redid it so that it sits flush with the kit instead of sticking out like that one does....another note....you can also just remove the trim ring and call it a day.
best buy did it. didnt like it myself. told me to come back in a week cause its appointment only kind of ****. and if i remove the trim ring from the head unit, it shows the edging of the radio with the black cover thing under it. looks like crap if i remove it.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 PM

p225/50r16 91V

Old 05-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Check out mine on the first page for the headunit. You'll see what I mean. I do understand why you don't want to remove the trim ring though...that's the whole reason why I modded my stock bracket.

The valve cover gasket or gasket maker (whichever is sticking out) has been pushed out of the valve cover groove from not only over torquing, but incorrect fitment, happens all the time, you just don't want to leave it like that, lol.

The BOV does not have a tube going back into the intake tube that is blocked off, that causes you to run rich during shifts and may pose idle problems. The GM MAF+T is...General Motors Mass Air Flow + Translator. In order to vent the bov to atmosphere like that, you have to remove the stock MAF (black box connected to the air filter) and install a higher flowing GM MAF+T in between the bov and intake manifold. You don't have that though, so that's not really good on performance, it hurts it more than helps it. Venting just gives you a party favor noise when releasing the gas pedal and sends out a puff of black smoke out your tailpipe.

No need to go outside and check your tire size either. I just noticed the tire size in the pic, it's 225/50/16, they should either be 215/55/16 or 205/55/16.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

GSX right?

Old 05-13-2007, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: GSXEX Knubbe

p225/50r16 91V
Sorry, I couldn't get that post out fast enough, lol.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:03 PM

Don't worry though, for the price you bought her for, we'll get you back to stock setup and get you running good or better (if it's not already) without spending an arm and a leg, lol. It will take time and you will have to do the labor. If you send it to a shop, you'll spend a bit more.

Quick Reply: finally! pics of my ride. comments, please.