Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

A lil cell video of my car..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: A lil cell video of my car..

Yeah... thats what i said... rich...reeeeeeeeal rich

Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM

Here's something to keep in mind too.
Rice Over Wheat

I asked almost the same question a couple months ago. Larger injectors spray more volume of fuel when opened for the same amount of time. So your AFC is hiding 31% of airflow that the ecu reads in order to trick the ecu into holding the injectors open the same amount of time it would have if the 450s were still in.

So a lot of these guys here with 650s start rich at say -20% or -25% on 650s, and tune towards -31%, getting leaner as long as they can control knock/timing based on their boost level. But different factors can play in so each car is different for its ideal setting. That's why you want to start richer and work leaner. But without a logger or Link you can't do that safely, which is why others recommend you to keep it at a safe level like -25% HI.

Oh and it's never safe with a woman driving, but that's another matter entirely. :sneaky:

Old 05-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Also one thing is, with the neo you have more rpm points that i didnt put up...it starts at 600 then up to 1k 1.5k 2k 2.5k..etc etc...up to 8k if i recall correctly....so you think @ start up...low throttle i should start out with (-20) across the board, and work from there. At least thats what im getting.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: jlh077464

Also one thing is, with the neo you have more rpm points that i didnt put up...it starts at 600 then up to 1k 1.5k 2k 2.5k..etc etc...up to 8k if i recall correctly....so you think @ start up...low throttle i should start out with (-20) across the board, and work from there. At least thats what im getting.
Yup...but don't start to tune aggresively until you can get a hold of a logger. You'll be able to add the wideband onto the logger so that you can log that too.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Awesome...wish i had a garage 2 go do this now...its almost midnight here...so ill let you know how it goes...Also i looked @ the guage on my fuel rail. It's reading 40...does that need 2 be raised to 42?...or will it be fine?Reminder: 2g with 1g 7-bolt

Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 AM

For the fuel rail, it should be at 43.5psi. That 3.5psi will make a difference. Mine somehow dropped off from 43.5psi to 42psi and it made my idle irratic intermittently and it wasn't as strong up high...weird I know, but my logs show it, lol.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 AM

This should be renamed or stickied, or at least gather up the tutorials or a clean up cuz unconsciously youre doing a nice guide at AFC tunning. I wish i could get started on it right away.... but 420a, automatic, and being a college moocher..... unless i could get one and play around for a bit haha but what for... anyways sticky or something

Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 AM

The funny thing is...I'm just learning the AFC as we go too, lol. It never hurts to know it though. I've been asked to help tune, but until now, I haven't felt comfortable advising with tuning an AFC.
I've got a good grasp on it now though, so I'll put together a basic tune (basic since every motor is different) within the next couple of weeks. I think the one that I quoted from Tuner's is pretty comprehensive, perhaps I can sum it up and put it in Laymens terms.

I'm actually glad that it was too late to tune for JLH because he's been at it all day and he needs to step back and take a break from it until tomorrow (or today now, lol). When he gets up, he should be refreshed enough to pick up where he left off and get his car running better.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Well guys. Went out 2 try the new tune and guess what both optimas DEAD!....My alt. is dead!....I'm dreading getting it out. Therz a lot of crap in tha way. Damnnit why can't I have good luck?...lol...i was getting tired of hearing the squealing noise!...What all should I replace in the process?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM

sounds like poop.

Quick Reply: A lil cell video of my car..