South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

WNCrides Meet - Trip to the Tail of the Dragon. March 11th, Depart 10am From Asheville, NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Default WNCrides Meet - Trip to the Tail of the Dragon. March 11th, Depart 10am From Asheville, NC

It's finally time, we're making a trip up to the dragon.(www.tailofthedragon.com) 318 curves in 11 miles. It's a very well known place amoung many car forums. We will be making the trip up on March 11th (rain date is set for March 18th) Those days are both Saturday's.
I will be posting this on other forums, i'll list them all here when I know there is a valid link on that site. If you post it somewhere, send me the link or post it here so I can add it to the first or second post in this thread! Thanks!

Please be advised, this is not a normal road. There is no room for goofing off and trying to impress everyone. There are wrecks, I advise you to check out the dragon's link. You MUST USE CAUTION when on this road. If your car is not up to par, get it fixed before you go. Please keep in mind, dont come out here showing off and hottdogging it trying to impress someone. Those who make the drive are enthusiasts, and wont like what you will do. You will be a long way away from home, keep that in mind. Make sure your car is up to par before attempting to drive this road. I can not and will not be held responsible for anything you do on this trip/meet.

General information you'll need to know...

Who : WNCrides along with any other site, people, members, that want to join along for the trip.
When : March 11th (rain date March 18th)
Where : The Asheville mall parking lot, to group up and leave together.
Time : Right now it's scheduled for a meet time of 9:00am and leaving @ 10:00am to head out. We will also meet up with everyone at the start of the dragon, on the NC side of it. I figure sometime around 12-1 depending on how long it takes us to get there. Please have your gas tanks filled upon meeting so we dont have to try to get everyone stopped at one exit.
What : The Dragon Run, see link above. 311 curves in 11 miles
Why : Because we want too and because the road is awesome.
Link for trip : http://www.wncrides.com/dragontrip.html Webpage is up and working, check there for the most updated information.

I will post directions to the mall for those who would like to meet up. If you go to one meet a year, this is the one to go to for 2006. There are photo opportunities as well as a hell of a drive. We will/can stop for breakfast somewhere, along with lunch after the drive of the dragon.

A few items you might want to bring along...
1) walkie talkies, not for constant talking but for safety
2) a few tools, never know
3) money

I am working on having a web page built for this trip, it will be hosted through the site and I will post the link information here when I get it finished.

If you have any questions or for an email of the directions, please email me at eric@wncrides.com
Also, post any questions or any information you need here as well.