Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Eclipse vs V6 Cougar GT? + Riced out Camaro/Final

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Default Eclipse vs V6 Cougar GT? + Riced out Camaro/Final

week ago i sold my camaro $3000. but like 2 nights before i made the sale i was driving around on a sunday night bored as hell to be honest with ya, i stopped at the light before walmart when something loud and gut pukin is screaming up. to my surpise it is a corvette early 90s would be my guess. it sounded about as ugly as it looked. we just both took it slow around 30 when this ****er just gases it pulling away i gave it hell but didnt come nowhere near of catching him. i thought to myself how could something that horrible sounding just flat out raped me. sounded like his belt was whining, exhaust cutting out,knocking noise from the right side. well come to think of it im not forsure if he had a exhaust loud as it was. check that **** out buddy.

...so without a car i borrowed my cousin's bf Eclipse i looked on wikipedia and found it it's a 1st gen. so i hopped in and drove to work, about 3 lights before i turn off a silverish cougar rolls up revvs a little so i was gonna pass on this as i wasnt used to driving the eclipse but i figured hey what the hell i can get to better know it. light hits green i kill it like a douche finally get going again i lost,bad. i just sped up to the next light to see what the booger could do. wasnt that impressed but a car is a car right? unsure of what a cougar and 1st gen eclipse would do, any stats or numbers?

after work i stop at the gas station to grab a pop and some smokes when this dark green camaro pulls up infront of the eclipse and i noticed that this maro has been riced. pink led on the assend i was thinkin you know this is gonna be one hot *** chick. to my suprise it was a dude i asked if this was his gf car he said no he just bought it. i was like ok first thing i do is yank the led lights off and sc it. so we started to talk a few minutes a subaru? went by honkin the horn and this dude gets kinda pissed and says i wouldnt have that car if they gave it to me, and i was thinkin to myself id rather have that car than that pink **** your driving.

after awhile of just bs around 2 am or later we watched a box on wheels go up against a cobolt with a fartcan. didnt bother to watch it, just seen the box on wheels jump the take off.

but im curious to know if a eclipse is worth the money. as i raced 2 of them in my camaro ( which i ****ed and mistakenly added 300 hp instead of 205 ) i like the style and the gas mileage. but i always heard that mitsubishis are hard to work on and parts are rare and high as gas is. i seen in the paper a 01/00 rs or might of been a gs 2300, 5spd with the race stripes. 96k miles. going to give her a spin a couple days from now just need to get the basics down.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Default RE: Eclipse vs V6 Cougar GT? + Riced out Camaro/Final

if you weren't impressed with the eclipse you drove, it obviously wasn't a GST/GSX. If you're going to get an Eclipse/Talon, go 1st or 2nd gen. Both ran the 4g63t, there's just as much aftermarket support for the g63 as there is for any domestic car out there. GST & GSX both are rated at 210 bhp, with plenty of room to play. GST is front wheel drive, GSX is AWD, and both will scoot. Best bet performance wise is to go with a 1st gen, the 7 bolt g63's in the 2g's tend to suffer from crank walk. My guess is the Eclipse you drove was the RS (1.8L hampster driven motor), or the 4g63n/t. my bets on the first option.