Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

FYI Racers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Default FYI Racers

NOt exactly sure about where you all live, but in Iowa, the strip has busted down on imports. I was out opening night last sat. and I saw a lot of dissapointed racers have to park it and watch. I guess the regs say something new this year.. if you have a battery anywhere other than under the hood, you must have an external kill switch. Yeah, that means drilling a hole in your car! I have a few pissed off friends. I know this wasn't the same for last year, but just to let you all know, Iowa is like this, so watch out before you get down to the track.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Default FYI Racers

<FONT color=black>That's kinda weird, down here in Ohio we don't have any rule like that....yet. But i'd imagine most of the imports at the strip would be FWD, so why would they relocate the battery? Except for the cool factor? I dunno....</FONT>

Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Default FYI Racers

My friend Tim... he has an MX3 and he did a turbo kit on it. well, the only place to put his side mount was where the battery was. so he had to relocate. talk about one pissed off guy though, he had just gotten it out of the shop 2 days before and couldn't race... yikes! but yeah, watch out cause NHRA is crackin down on imports big time this year.. bastards

Old 04-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Default FYI Racers

I heard they were coming down kinda hard on the domestic guys lately...but i never heard anything about the imports. I gotta go check out edgewater and see if they're doing all that crap too.....</P>

Old 04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Default FYI Racers

The tracks here in SC really could care less about things like battery kill switch. The only rule we really have to followis the helmet rule.

Old 04-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Default FYI Racers

damn.. we only have to have helmets if you are over ... damn I forgot, over so many MPH. mainly just pro class

Old 04-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Default FYI Racers

helments? f**k that. man im kindof nervous about this weekend. See right now im "top Dog" with the imports and i wanna stay that way! took me a while to work my way up and if my budd beats me il be 2nd and i cant settle for that......

Old 04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Default FYI Racers

What does your friend drive 91eclipse??? With all our combined knowledge we might able to help keep you #1</P>

</P>

Old 04-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Default FYI Racers

a civic si and he is deadly fast. he took a new evo....im not racing him though..im selling my 91 and my 99 will not see a real street race. this kid is a genous when it comes to cars...well honda's. i dont really kno what all he has done to this car but its fast. He has the money to put into it to! he works for his father at their car lot here in jackson. (carmons's used cars and trucks)...im not racing him now...i was suppost to but naa. not because im skuurrd-because im trying to sell the 91 and im not going to race the 99...atleast not on the streets, maybe a drag strip.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Default FYI Racers

Do you know if your buddy is running the stock SI motor? I think its a b16a if I'm not mistaken. I know a little about honda's. I'm just curious. I like to know about other peeps cars.</P>

Quick Reply: FYI Racers