Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

i beat an EVO, yep, me! :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Default i beat an EVO, yep, me! :)

OK, if anybody knows me and the group that i hang with you know about my friend and his 03 EVO (that he's getting rid of soon, thank the car Gods). Well one thing you may not know about my friend (other than the fact that he abuses the crap out of his car) is that he can't drive at all!!! He is one guy that brings shame to the EVO game!!! Well his idea of an awesome launch is a 7k drop of the clutch, bog down and then pick back up. I was riding next to him this morning on a lil open street about 7am and we came to a stop light. He revved at me i was like, well, yea it's 100+hp stronger but hell, he can't shift and can't launch, lets see. Light turns green, i get the best launch i've ever had, just off the luanch against his awd monster i'm 1 1/2 cars on him. His bog wares off and he starts realing me in, fast! He goes to shift into 2nd and b/c he can't shift i pull on him a full car. but of course once the car starts doing all of the work for him he starts realing me in again and gets about 1/2 car ahead of me. i'm about 58mpg and shift into 3rrd like usual, he shifts the same time as me and we are DEAD EVEN. then he pulled on me but it was awesome lol i bean an EVO up to about 60mph!!!! hell yes!!! lol me and my mad driving skills (and the help of his NO driving skill). I'm so glad he's getting rid of that car!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Default RE: i bean an EVO, yep, me! :)

my good launches are 6500 rpm , dump it, leave the traffic light sideways with all 4 smokin & on the rev limiter. I always make sure to jerk the steering wheel to make it get really far sidewaysIt really intimidates people and they dont want no part of racin me after doin that once. Sissys, its not that fast.
Good hes gettin rid of that car, if he cant drive it he dont deserve it for sure. geeze. I dont even let off the gas to shift, i slip the clutch a little & slam the next gear. People have asked me if its an automatic cuz i shift so quick. But thats all in that shep trans.
no offense but that evo should hand your car its ***. That just goes to show alot of it is driver , not the car.
Sounds like your buddy should by an automatic honda and do the wannabe ricer shift. (let off to shift to make it sound like a 5 speed)

Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 AM

i completely concur lol he should have easily had a car on me off the launch and just ran away from me from there. what's also funny is that one night i drove his car and went from 10-about 90 shifting from 1-2 2-3 and 3-4 and he got pissed b/c i wasn't giving us whiplash during every shift like he does.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

ummm....wow....simply an idiot. I feel bad for whomever gets that car because he has trashed it

Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 PM

well whoever gets it will have a beat up car but they will be getting an ACT twin disk something or other clutch that's suposed to hold like 800some odd whp. so that's a bonus

Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

yea but a beat up clutch is not the biggest problem now. He has been putting so much stress on the drivetrain its only time before something major happens.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 PM

oh i know lol i've been telling him the same dern thing ever since i got in the car for the first time with him.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:31 PM

i bet i'm worse on drivetrain just by the way i launch my car.
4 clutches,1 front CV shaft, both rear CV's,2 transfer cases, 3 driveshafts, 2 transmissions, broke the ear off the block, and replaced the rear diff once or twice.
I put a less agressive clutch in and evrythings stayed together so far.(knock on wood)
Remind me not to buy that evo, not like ill ever own one, but i hope its not that one if i ever do.[>:]

Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM

yea i feel sorry for the nxt person to own it... it's really only a matter of time before something breaks... it breaks my heart every time he launches and shifts...

Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 PM

lol thats funny ****, at least you can say you beat it though. even if he is a bad driver.

Quick Reply: i beat an EVO, yep, me! :)