Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

i beat an EVO, yep, me! :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Default RE: i bean an EVO, yep, me! :)

Dude, honestly, Im sorry but I have to raise the good ol BS flag. You have a 420a that isnt even boosted. 140hp. He has an 03 Evo, 275+hp stock. I dont care if it was a blind monkey driving, it would win. Bogged launch or no bogged launch, the car would do all the catching up for him. Even if he missed second, again the car would do all the work and by 60 you would not be dead even. I beat 420a's daily in my girlfriends 02 jetta 1.8t which is slow as *****. Its just a fact of life that a non boosted 420a will never beat an Evo heads up. A non boosted 420a will never beat me. If it does, I will sell my car immediately and go buy a honda.

Nothing against 420a, I used to own one and have a few friends who do. Good gas mileage and reliable, but that about sums it up.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:01 AM

Youd be surprised what a non-drivinperson can lose to.
I beat a GS-T back in the day in a Beretta GT becausethe dumbass couldnt drive it.
Ive won alot of races to faster cars because i can shift faster than you can blink without lettin off the throttle and the other guy has to go one step at a time *derrr let off gas pedal, uhhmm,... lets see ok, push the pedal over here in,ok its in, now what...oh yea -pull stick to 2...wheres 2 (looking at shifter and swerving off the road) duhh i found it hehehee..okfloor it, slip clutch for 10 seconds on the way back out.. derrf*
While us that can drive make a 5 spd car sound like a hard shiftingauto we can shift so fast. You gain ALOT by doing that. It happens, i see it all the time around here.
When you can say youve ripped the complete shifter assembly out of the floor of a subaru, torn shift cables out of their brackets, and ripped shifters off of toploader GM transmissionsfrom bangin gears so hard, then you can call BS. Horsepower isnt **** if you dont know how to use it.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: racerx55
Youd be surprised what a non-drivinperson can lose to.
I beat a GS-T back in the day in a Beretta GT becausethe dumbass couldnt drive it.
Ive won alot of races to faster cars because i can shift faster than you can blink without lettin off the throttle and the other guy has to go one step at a time *derrr let off gas pedal, uhhmm,... lets see ok, push the pedal over here in,ok its in, now what...oh yea -pull stick to 2...wheres 2 (looking at shifter and swerving off the road) duhh i found it hehehee..okfloor it, slip clutch for 10 seconds on the way back out.. derrf*
While us that can drive make a 5 spd car sound like a hard shiftingauto we can shift so fast. You gain ALOT by doing that. It happens, i see it all the time around here.
When you can say youve ripped the complete shifter assembly out of the floor of a subaru, torn shift cables out of their brackets, and ripped shifters off of toploader GM transmissionsfrom bangin gears so hard, then you can call BS. Horsepower isnt **** if you dont know how to use it.
thanks! i got to thinking about it and there's really no way for me to prove it lol