Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I tried not to do it but I took off to win

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Default I tried not to do it but I took off to win

Was in the Eclipse with the wife and occasionally when I drive it someone wants to face off at the lights and usually I just let them go on their own, some self control. I let the truck next to me that what doing the taunting get going after I jumped him on the light but let off fairly soon to 40 in a 35 at the first light. The place crawls with police on this street this time of night. We hit 4 lights in a row and I didn't see any police so on the 4th light I took off and was clearing him and slowed down after hitting about 60 back down to 40 right away, nothing big. Behind me some headlights are charging on me fast but now I'm going 40 but the blue and red lights came on and I pull over. I hand him my registration, license and insurance and he asked what I was doing and if the truck was friends of mine and he informs me I'm being recorded. Just came back from a George Thorogood concert the company I work for got as a bonus for a jub we did and I said no to knowing the truck. Someone in an unmarked car pulls up, the police and this person talk for about 5 minutes. I get to think about what a dumb thing I just did. He comes back, hands me my license and tells me I was a little old to be doing something dumb like that and tells me that he was not going to give me a ticket. Thank goodness. Note to self: Race only at the track, even in a slow car; age has its' benefits; and the car is faster without a passenger.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: I tried not to do it but I took off to win

Wow you lucky man!

Im glad to hear you got off without as much as a slap on the wrist... had that been a teenager they would have thrown the book at them. Age descriminatioN!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

i can wait to be an old guy and do stuff without tickets, haha. I get pulled over when i dont do anything just cuz they run the plate and find out im a kid

Old 10-07-2006, 04:33 PM

a-men there! i got pulled over by a biker cop just cause i looked at him as i was passing by, the worst thing is as he was asking for my license and insurance an accident happend right in front of us and he proceded to give me a ticket. the officer's name was DICK go fig!
ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i can wait to be an old guy and do stuff without tickets, haha. I get pulled over when i dont do anything just cuz they run the plate and find out im a kid

Old 10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned

Age descrimination biiioch!

Old 10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bud660r

a-men there! i got pulled over by a biker cop just cause i looked at him as i was passing by, the worst thing is as he was asking for my license and insurance an accident happend right in front of us and he proceded to give me a ticket. the officer's name was DICK go fig!

what was the ticket for?

Old 10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

Legally they need a ticket description

Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 PM

for some odd reason, cops don't take a second or first look at me in my eclipse, i don't know why, but i think it's because i have a black car, but my last one was silver and they didn't look at me. I'm just lucky for now, but i believe driving is a privledge so i don't speed, plus i don't want to bang up my car or anything either, you could say i'm paraniod lol.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: bud660r

what was the ticket for?
x2, they cant give you a ticket for just looking at them. were you speeding or what?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:56 PM

ive never been pulled over in the gsx. oh yeah it wasnt running that long. thats why!!

Quick Reply: I tried not to do it but I took off to win