Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

POS racing at its finest

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Default POS racing at its finest

Lets get it all out of the way, yes I do drive a 2003 Eclipse GS, on the up side its got the AEM V2 intake and magnaflow exhaust, well this guy I use to work with drives a 2004 Chevy Cavalier, although not the cream of the crop, we go back and forth between racing because our stock motors are similar (mid 140's mine but me heavier, 140 for his but weighs like 300 lbs less or so). Right now he's lowered (2.0 in), cat-back, aem cold air intake, short throw.

When we first raced i think he only had an intake, and i was learning to drive manual. Let me tell you, that went horribly for me He was babying it so he wouldn't leave me in the dust, how embarassing!

I didn't know what to do, well a little time passed, I got my intake, but then he got his exhaust (2.25" cat-back custom), again, Didn't go in my favor, but getting better!

So I then go ahead and got the magnaflow cat-back exhaust for my car, sounds nice, decent gains, I thought I had another shot. For his birthday his girlfriend got lowering springs for his car. We were just messing around and got up to a light, light turned green I launched on his *** (rev'd around 3k or so) turns out he almost bogged out, so advantage me.

Then a couple weeks later I was taking my girlfriend to her house and my friend and his girlfriend were behind us, my g/f bet that I couldn't make it to her house in 5 minutes, it was on then!!! Well my friend was trying to keep up, and even though he didn't know what i was doing and I took off and was ahead of him, I was still going strong, I see his headlights gaining on me, but atleast i'm about even in motor power agian. I know for a fact that he can walk on my g/f's 02 Grand Am with the V6 in it (even though its heavier). I know that if i lost some weight on my car I would be a better match. Well there are always mods to be preformed but still my pride is hurt !

Tell me what you think (hopefully its good stuff, cause I'm in need of it). Thanks~!

Old 10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Default RE: POS racing at its finest

Um....totally don't know what you are asking us for, but cool story. Me likey.

That is one really clean Eclipse, though, man. Nice.