Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Spyder Gs V.S. Eclipse V6 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Spyder Gs V.S. Eclipse V6 Turbo

Poor engineer... but yes, Thank You Emonz! lol, I don't have the facts of racing a 3G cause I've never been timed doing it, but I've taken a V6 mustang on a roll, so until you can square off one too, just stop talking. Emonz, even though I love the 3G I am agree-ing with you here that I should have just saved up and gone for an Evo instead. I mean, a 3G can be fast-like with enough money, but it's just a 2 person car. Where-as an Evo can have a car load of fun. Evo FTW.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Nothing wrong with a2 person car. The 3Gs can be relly fast but lets face it, it will cost you a hell of a lot more than an Evo or alot of other turbo cars. The stock GT 3G fed spec runs high 14s as does the GTS. the GT cali runs 15.2s and the GT spyder calis run like 15.5 or so. The 4g64s are all in the 16s some lower and some high 16s

Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM

I never said I would beat your EVO i said i think it would be fun to see how close i would be from a roll just to see what progress was made. Ya I was goin to buy ya 63 head but I found a whole package of all the parts I need for the DOHC conversion for 600 including re built 1g head. Sorry im lagging on the video ive recorded it my friend is doing the conversion to a uploadable video file along with the edits. No point in posting up all 15min of video might as well sum it up to like 1min and a half. Im not saying im the best driver but ive seen an evo loose to a 98 mustang V6 the mustang smoked it(NOT SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN) and i raced the same mustang from the line and was even from a roll he had me(I AM NOT FASTER THEN A EVO). It does depend on the driver and everything else. BUT DAMN 3 TIMES! Just curious since its a V6 shouldn't it kick in harder on a roll (The 3g)? To WINGO I would race you and notice i never said i would win. Who knows maybe i would maybe i wouldn't, he has that same blitz kit as you to. After I post the video will you be able to believe me? maybe you can give the kid driving tips but damn with the difference on track time i think even a bad driver would be able to beat me haha since my car is slow...... like i said this is a fun project for me, im not building a track car Im just going to get 300-400WHP out of it. Thats all good DD numbers with room to play. Ill donate to your car if you beat me WINGO! haha but remember I live in cali. Your car has to be california built meaning im following smog rules which is FLIPPIN HARD IN CA.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Dude your car will never pass smogg rules at 300WHP NEVER. you need to much egr removal and air flow help to get there. For example my Evo is 400HP and that is a faster car from the start and I cant even pass Ma smogg.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

there is no way stock vs stock your 4g64 spyder is gonna beat a V6 eclipse. Lets just look at the number shall we:

the stock HP of your car=140hp. Now the stock hp of a 3g v6 is 200hp. How is it that you are going fast..hmmmm... and not to mention your car is still about the same exact weight as his car. I dont care if you think your car is faster than his...sorry to tell you. its not

Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM

If you'd like, you could donate some money for me to get new front tires as I accidently roasted them. They stopped doing smog testing where I live.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 PM

You accidently roasted your tires. Did you do that by accidently dumping your clutch.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 AM

Yay for no smog tests in OH!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM

yeah no smog test in miami,i still say after reading all of this that that putting turbo into a v6 is a waste,for the same money just buy a 4g63,just my 2

Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 PM

where is this video already! haha, ive been following this thread waiting to see what is going to happen. im starting to think that it never happened and this is all made up.

Quick Reply: Spyder Gs V.S. Eclipse V6 Turbo