Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A win is a win, right?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:17 AM
Default A win is a win, right?

About two weeks ago I was out on a pretty populated road around midnight, and there were some cars out but not as many as there would be during the day. This is a pretty big racing road here and I pull up to a stoplight and a SRT-4 pulls up and starts to rev his engine at me, and I can here the blow-off valve and what not. Now I won't lie, my car is slow, its only a 2001 4-cylinder galant that isn't known for its speed. I just put on a spoiler so maybe that made me look faster. This guy has around 90hp and about 95lb-ft of torque on me. I knew I was beat, but I said, hey I wonder how bad I could lose, and he also had 3 other people in his car so why not. So, light turns, he floors it, and is gone before I get into second. Luckily, the next light is red and I happen to pull up next to him. He laughs at me and starts telling me that his blow-off valve sound is really his intake. I laugh and tell him I'm not dumb, and I know what he has got. So the light turns green and we both floor it again. This road has a incline so he is somewhat slower since he has got some baggage, but I still am way out matched. He gets over the hill and right before I get over I see he gets held up by some traffic so it basically turns into a huge downhill slalom. Luckily, my lane was clear and I take advantage of the downhill that I got. I basically start dodging and weaving around the about 4 cars that were on the road in this area iIget decent enough ahead of him that he gets held up at the light right before the highway on ramp. So, since I really did beat him in the end, is that a win?

Old 07-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Default RE: A win is a win, right?

I consider it a win because you out manuvered him. He could have switched lanes and weaved also so you should take it as a technical win.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 PM

As far as the second run goes, it seems to me like you won unless he was boxed in entirely.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:30 PM

No, this is a 3 lane road and he just moved over as did I but I had so much momentum coming down over the hill that it was too late.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Atownprepy99

So the light turns green and we both floor it again. This road has a incline so he is somewhat slower since he has got some baggage, but I still am way out matched. He gets over the hill and right before I get over I see he gets held up by some traffic so it basically turns into a huge downhill slalom. Luckily, my lane was clear and I take advantage of the downhill that I got. I basically start dodging and weaving around the about 4 cars that were on the road in this area iIget decent enough ahead of him that he gets held up at the light right before the highway on ramp. So, since I really did beat him in the end, is that a win?
Yeah, that would be a win...

Old 08-08-2005, 01:08 AM

you used your brains buddy. in my opinion i have had this happen to me to and the adrenaline is freaken crazy. anyway if you got past the finish line first then techniqally u win. how thos it feel to win against something where the odds were against you. nice run

Old 08-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Trust me it felt good, and it was even better that i had a witness in my car so I knew I could tell people. lol. But yea, beating a car like that made me very very happy.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:43 AM

Sounds to me like a ricer flyby, and slaloming through traffic is just dumb.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:10 AM

how glum, where is your sence of danger traffic dissection is ****in great.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator

i agree, that is a bit of a flyby. in my 12 second car, if im outmatching someone badly, i wont bother weaving in and out of traffic to win a race...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A win is a win, right?