Dusty and his posting

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Default RE: Dusty and his posting

Seriously, if they bother anyone, just use the block button.
with a user blocked, you are essentially ignoring all activity from the user.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Administrator

and if any of you want to see REAL post ****** in action, go to mustangforums.com and look through the OT section. you guys have no idea what post whoring is. we checked to see what the post count would be like if that section counted, and one of the OT ****** there would have over 30,000 posts.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM

There are a few social forums I post at...there are several members with 10's of thousands of posts...many of which are simple "smilie" posts...post whoring doesn't bother me much, I really don't know why it would bother anyone. Just because someone has lots of posts...doesn't make them "appear" any smarter in my book...just like the people in real life that just enjoy hearing themselves talk.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

the biggest concern is that new members may assume that someone with lots of posts has lots of knowledge. i get a ton of tech questions through PM at dodgeforum...and people usually say that they couldnt figure out how to post...(but they figured out how to PM?)...

At MF, we try to keep the ****** off the top ten list, as our top ten posters all get a great deal of PMs with tech questions, and we dont want people who only post in OT trying to answer tech questions. many of them dont have mustangs, and have never been under the hood of whatever they do drive.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM

True...for some reason people do equate post counts with intelligence...don't know why.

I get lots of PM's at DF as well. While I'll usually answer their questions, I always encourage them to post in the Stealth section too...sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I'm still all for posts in OT not counting...

Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: thestealth

I'm still all for posts in OT not counting...
Agree to the fullest with that.

Patrick, you're absolutley right, people associate post counts ith intelligence.
Can you really count Dusty as a person with a mechanical comprehension... no.
Davidmitsurock is a smart kid, but kind of a dunce on actual tech stuff imo.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

Yeah...but in David's case...he is just 16. He seems to have a decent knowledge base...he just needs to get his hands dirty a few times..like all of us at one point or another...

Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 PM

True true.

He needs to buya Mitsu and go from there. lol

Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick
the biggest concern is that new members may assume that someone with lots of posts has lots of knowledge. i get a ton of tech questions through PM at dodgeforum...and people usually say that they couldnt figure out how to post...(but they figured out how to PM?)...

At MF, we try to keep the ****** off the top ten list, as our top ten posters all get a great deal of PMs with tech questions, and we dont want people who only post in OT trying to answer tech questions. many of them dont have mustangs, and have never been under the hood of whatever they do drive.
this is why dusty bothers me... if you have ever read any of his posts he does nothing but agree with people. he had no knowlege of cars other than probably how to change oil. but when a new member sees him posting everywhere and they are new to cars in general they may associate him and his changing other people's words around to make it sound like his ideas as him being smart (which we all know the truth). I would hate if a member sent him a PM tech question and dusty told him the exact wrong thing... ex. well if you are putting a new timing belt on you need to make the timing marks facing away from each other and you are good to go. <- i can definatly see him saying something like this on a hunch and when the person does it and effs up his pistons, valves and needs a new motor you know he will shame MF and not dusty.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Ya.. Ive gotten questions about stuff, and I could see it more so for the guys on the top 10 post list.. If you took his ot post away I think that would take him off the top 10

Quick Reply: Dusty and his posting