new moderators...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Default new moderators...?

so, Joshewuhh volunteered to be a moderator...typically, when summer comes around people arent on as much, so it never hurts to have more staff. does anyone have an objection to this guy?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Default RE: new moderators...?

honestly i don't think this guy has the experience or the maturity to be a moderator... a lot of times he does nothing but joke around and seems to lack the ability to be serious on a serious post. I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed this or if it's just me. it seems like he would only be doing it to call himself a moderator as somewhat of a "power trip". that's my honest opinion. I think somebody like 50ul }-{4ck3r or Sebba would be a better nominee. I know sebba can be a dick but he knows his stuff.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator

i talk to sebba on AIM from time to time, and i asked him to be a mod and he told me no.

i have no objections to anyone who you guys, as a group, feel would make good moderators.

what about section moderators for the various sections and subsections? i dont think that we have any section mods, do we? everyone is a site mod? perhaps some of the more active guys as section mods, and over time, they may be promoted? they dont need to be very technically sound...they just need to be able to watch over a section...

also, with someone who claims to want to help, but we may be leary of..give me the complaintsof him, and ill tell him exactly why we are questioning making him a mod...andthat he can have a trial period...

ive had TERRIBLE members whowere told that, and they became model members. (not here)

Old 04-03-2007, 06:33 PM

i do like the section moderator idea. i think the new member that Mike (emonz) is friends with would be a great nominee for a 3rd gen eclipse moderator. the guy with the built turbo'd engine... WPSpyderGT01. he seems to know wha the's talking about when it comes to his 3rd gens. another good nominee for 1st gens i thing would be the guy who has his built motor from Slowboy Racing... i think it's 93eclipsegsx is his s/n.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

isnt 93eclipsegsx already a moderator?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 PM

tha is possible lol mabey i just never noticed. and i can't find any of his posts as of lately to check.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM

rc what are you talking about? im a mod, yes. but my sn isnt that. its hockeywood28

Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Id be very weary about making sebba a mod....he does know his stuff sometimes. But he can be a real dick, an imature (his is only 16 )

And i agree with RCJ on his take about Joshouwaa. But he might end up being good on here. I think he says he moderates a skater site as well. So he might be responsible with it. Maybe a section mod for him or something. Like the new members, off topic, FS (since we always need help there ) Stuff like that.

Also WPSpyder is a cool guy. I personally know him, and he does know alot about 3g's just from owning one, however im not sure if hes gonna be on here fora while, know what i mean. I dont want to reccomend him and then have him end up like eclipsed4u who left almost right after being mad a mod.

Just my take

Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

why dideclipsed4u leave?

Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

why dideclipsed4u leave?
noone really knows he just stopped coming around could have been nespeed and wouldnt surprise any of us if it was.

Now for Josh. I think he would be a good fit. he may lack the knowlede about the cars at hand but he is an active member and I dont find him all that immature. he made one bad remark in a thread BECAUSE he did the right thing by telling someone to search when we had answerd his wuestion 10000x oer in other thread recently and when the other kid came back he started name calling and calling out josh because josh didnt give him an acceptable answer.

I stood behind josh on that thread but I did have to delete some post by him and the other guy cause they were just bitching at each other. After Josh PMed me and appoligized and said his anger got the best of him when that kid was calling him out. IMO not a big deal it was the only bad thing ive seen from him. all I can say is he is prob online here more than any of us lol.

WPspyder is a good friend of mine. and if he is fit to stick around here I would recommend him as a mod as well. He knowns his 3Gs very well (his is boosted and ran a 13.4) so he can def help with the knowlede that Josh might lack between the two they may fit on board very well

Quick Reply: new moderators...?