Report in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Administrator
Default Report in!

Hello guys...this is the new room..only emonz, sang, and myself can see it....

this is the area for us to address the issues with the forum or other mods/users..

please dont hesitate to hold back ideas...

Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Report in!

thanks Man for getting on this. The main thing is there is just alot of garbage and poitless posting going on and sometimes it is ok just others is goes to far off the origanal topic. Sand and I were discussing ways to clean out some of this and make the forum a little more organized.

Through doing this I noticed only Sang and I move threads close them delete ect ect... I dont know any of the other mods or who they are other than DSMTalonAWD and I know at least he is an active posting member but he doesnt go much further than the eclipse section. So one of my things was maybe getting some mods who actually visit the site regularly and have both knowledge of being a mod and car knowledge as well.

I made a couple of member recommeds to you patrick in that PM of who I think might help , but again we can go on with what we are doing and manage fine but I think we atleast should have active moderators along with us

For example how many BOV threads do we need when every one of them says the same thing and they are all posted in the eclipse section and one in the EVO section when personally I feel they all sould at the very least be in the FI turbo nitrous, supercharger section to begin with, and I understand that wont alway happen since the eclipse 3000GTs and EVO and some Galants come turbod but we need some order on this I think.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Administrator

these are the current moderators..

BurntGSX
Last Post 11/3/2005 11:19:59 PM
Last Login 11/3/2005 11:20:02 PM

DSMTalonAWD51
Last Post 2/12/2006 8:21:10 PM
Last Login 2/13/2006 9:52:28 AM

madmat
Last Post 8/28/2005 9:56:58 PM
Last Login 8/28/2005 9:57:01 PM

wicked_outlander
Last Post 2/13/2006 9:36:34 PM
Last Login 2/8/2006 11:32:50 PM

and of course, you two..but its a problem when we have 1 mod that hasnt even signed in since august, and one that hasnt done so since november. wicked-outlander seems to come and go, but i believe that he travels for work...maybe hes in the service...

anyway...these are the guideline rules that i post to new mods at the other forums..

1. check the forum regularly, and answer things when you can, which you already do a fine job of doing.
2. if you see anyone advertising another forum, remove it, as we dont need to be helping out other competing forums.
3. If you see anyone selling things, like a company selling a product, please let me know.
4. If you see anyone making fun of ENTER MODEL/BRAND HERE, or just being rude on the forum, remove their posts, and let me know.
5. One last thing, when you "remove" things, dont erase them, just move them to the recycle bin. When you chose "delete", it will ask if you want to move it to the recycle bin, or delete it altogether, and we have a glich in the system that doesnt like when mods delete altogether, so just move to recycle.
6. Try to keep threads in the right section..i.e. no tech questions in new members, no regular BSing in a tech section..etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------

about the repeated questions like "how do i install a BOV"...as you may or may not know i run about 45 forums, and a few of them have almost 30,000 members...and at those busier forums we tried to avoid the constant repeated questions by creating stickies, but it doesnt work.

emonz, if you have any Evo info that you would like to put together, like an Evo FAQ write up, that may help, and when someone asks a question that is common, you can just link them...

ideas?

Old 02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Now I know (And Patrick you've seen me) I'm on different forums as well. I'm not a mod on the others but I post fairly regularly on some.. (I REALLY need to get back into the Dodge forum again... ) I think with the stickies we need, as mods, to keep up and delete the questions answered in the stickies. Also I think we should specify the sections the mods are in control of. I stay mostly in the off topic, tech, Eclipse, and marketplace myself. I think I'm the sole mod taking care of the marketplace at the moment (My GAWD you wouldn't believe the amount of posts I have to move/delete in those sections...)... But I'll drop any more ideas I happen to have in here (I'm SURE I'll have a bunch more )

Old 02-14-2006, 12:46 AM

I am a member on at least 10 other forums Im not a mod but I am a daily member of a few. I know the BOV thing will be hard to aviod but it is the most recent one I read that was repeated within a few days in the other. we dont need a sticky in the EVO section noone ever goes in it but once a month lol. the Eclipse section I have stuck a few things up and they seem to help a bit on the crankwalk stuff but ther will always be those who refuse to search. THere are a few threads now that are just so far off the origanal topic it is serving no justice being open. We have quite a few member that post in threads contiuously just to say I agree and that is it or rewording what has already been said.

One problem I know we have that cant be helped is members not reading the thread before they in resonce to a particular topic (thats why I closed the thread called "am I over my head with a V8".

I think it at all possible maybe even making off topic not count to total posts or even something like the new members section we have members like "silvertooth" who only live in those sections and post in threads that are month apon months old just to boost him #s lol kinda amusing but when the 1st 6 pages of the new member section say silvertooth straight down the board it makes me laugh (granted some are old posts by him but that is all he does). To some members post #s are all that they post for. So i think making OT at least not count might help out with some of the stupid things in there. Other wise I say it is OT and should only be lightly modded useing the best of judgement on things we need to do anything with

Im with you sang, I never change off topic mainly because it is off topic but I am in there everyday I read almost all new post in the morning and every night an I have moved a hand ful of thread into the FS\WTB section mostly from my friend PMing links to me too.

Also giving controll by section might be a nice thing to keep order rather than us weeding through everything as individuals but we would need active mods to be hear to do that (in outlanders defence maybe make some sections moderated by 2 people incase he is away). I mean as it is Sang and I are the only ones who do anything as a mod. I havent ever seen any threads moved or any of that by anyone else other than us.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Administrator

i have no problem with making section mods, but i dont want to slight current, active mods by seemingly demoting them...
i dont like the dumb *** posts ****** either, but they DO create some activity...before you two came around, this place was freakin Dead...so i dont want to drive off any members, but i dont see a point in their pointless threads..is there proof that this amber even has a damn car???

ok, so lets hear it...ideas about moderators? and dont hold back any ideas, please

Old 02-14-2006, 03:47 AM

I agree this site was pretty dead untill recently it has made a jump.

im not sure if by you saying ideas about moderators you mean who could do it right. but Off the top of my head eclipsed4u might be a good candidate he has helped me with a couple of sticies in the eclipse section, Joel_CA maybe a good candidate he helps out more than most in tech help, NESpeed has run his own forum he knows about this stuff and PMs me threads daily almost that need to be deleted or moved. at least I see those 3 on almost everyday. alway posting and not just in OT they all do alot of tech help I know Joel is a mitsu tech, eclipsed4u is good with the 3G eclipses and even the 2Gs he anwers on any question asked aboutthe 4G64 and 6G72 and NESpeed has built up 2 1Gs and did a 95 motor\tranny swap into a 91 stealth and built his rx-7 if that even matters painted it in his shop and all done by him, along with being a mechanic at a dealer. So all 3 of them have good automotive backround to work with and aside from Joel I know the other 2 work with me alot to get stickies made and stuff moved and cleaned up.

My sugestion about Moderateing by section would be to allow us to move threads anywhere just so they get to the right place and leave the OT section to every moderator since it should only be lightly looked at anyway. nd as I said maybe double moderate every section so 2 people are always looking out, even though I have no problem PMing another mod about something that might need to be addressed.

Its one of those thing the site grew in a month or 2 rather quickly from being dead almost nothing new everyday to haveing a ton of new stuff to read. The more it grows the more organized we need\want it to be. I know we are still small but it is growing and keeping the site in order is impotant before it does get bad. I dont want people who might know alot about these cars to come here and think it is a joke so by this we can def. get things looking good as long as all moderators pull thier weight do their job and at least log on once a week or something

all I know is if new or more moderators are appointed they need to be chosen very wisley so we dont need to have another one of these threads started because they randomly dissapear or whatever

Old 02-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

First let me say that the idea of mods per section I think will be a step in teh right direction. You have to break a few eggs to make an omlet. Don't make it sound like you're demoting the current mods but merely inform them there is a restructuring going on and the decision has come down to make each section a certain member's responsibility. There should be a tier of mods so to speak. Now I know this is going to kind of sound self centered here but also hear me out for it. My idea is basically You patrick overall mod obviously... Then Me and Emonz basically watching over in your stead. Having the ability to change and edit posts as necessary in the whole of the forum. Then appoint someone specializing in each of the different car typs who is helpful and knowledgable as mod of that vehicle's section. As for Joel I agree wholeheartedly but I say give him the Tech section to mod. As you've finished making the Mods for the different car areas inform them that thier responsibilities are to maintain topics on post and guide those off post back to topic. Inform them that if they go on an extended absence without informing us they will be considered gone and mods will be swapped. That way me Emonz and Patrick are left with merely the smaller areas (FS/W, OT, ROTM, Newbie) to monitor and maintain. Then members bring problems up to the sectional mods and teh sectional mods bring them to me or Emonz if need be and if we feel it's over OUR heads they go to you patrick. Let me know what you guys think of this idea. Also it may lead to reimplementing the Mods only area after a time so that ideas can get shared. But the key is to maintain contact with all the mods and keep mod activity up leading to increased member activity. Also possibly resetting the known post *****'s post count might make them think ywice about trying to post ***** anymore. I mean seriously that shyt is getting rediculous. Wish that when I deleted the threads that only Mysterio and Silver were posting in the count would go down (Though I think I really pissed mysterio off I haven't seen him post since then LOL). And damnit no pickin on me cuz my posts are a BITCH to read... So what I'm not organized. I type around 40-50 WPM when the shyt is comin outta my own head LOL I don't have time for formatting and making things easily readable LOL... And I'm lazy...

Old 02-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Another quick thing is you might want to take out the mods that aren't even posting. What good is a mod that's not even here? I don't think they'll bitch too much IF they ever come back about the fact that they're no longer a mod. If they do then inform them that you needed mods that would do something not merely take up DB space with the mod title. If they are at all interested in the good of the forum then they'll understand and not hold it against you. And if they have a good reason why they were gone so long (Military or whatnot Patrick take a look at MY log files and posts you'll see my first one somewhere in EARLY '05 then I dissappeared for a while cuz I went on deployment for 6 months) then re mod them when they return to the site. And trust me I know ALL about the trials and tribulations this forum has undergone. I've been a member for over a year now I think. Been truely actively posting since about july last year if I'm not mistaken. I remember when this place was hoppin and it was meaningfull. I remember when I used to answer all sorts of tech questions on the Eclipses and stereo equipment (My other specialtty ) but that all seems to have died down anymore... Maybe the f&F kick is finally waining and the real tuners are left...

Old 02-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Administrator

well, my idea was a hierarchy of sorts. i would remain the admin, and you two would become asst. admin...then we would have moderators, be it site or section.

i have no problem with making joel or eclipsedu...my problem with joel is that he has a huge link to another forum in his sig, and that makes this forum look pretty bad to vendors, or new members that a moderator is actively endorsing another forum..especially another mitsu forum. thoughts?

eclipsed4u looks like a fine choice to me...

Quick Reply: Report in!