Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

2001 gt eclipse front shocks Part number

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Default 2001 gt eclipse front shocks Part number

my problem is that i am not sure if the shop replaced my shocks years ago after paying to replace four of them front and back.back were replaced with koni but front probably werent replaced. there is this MR 3704 1201 something i cant read because the front shock was dirty. is this part number a stock? or is it a high performance shock because my front suspension is bottoming out. front suspension have eiback ground control and so is the back with yellow koni.front is color black front shocks with part number above.thnks

Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

wait wait wait.....ground control.....do you have those inserts that allow you to change the ride height? Its like a threaded disc on the spring perch.

And you are saying they were supposed to replace all 4 yet the front look totally different than the back. If i remember Koni's are typically yellow but i may be wrong. Are the struts in the front the same color as the rear.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Koni differ between Yellow with Blue writing and Blue with yellow writing.....
To be honest I would never take Sleeves may we say-Fake coilovers and put them on my car just because it messes with the main design....On the 3g eclipse the I4 and V6 share the same suspension Springs'Struts'shocks etc....So I suggest if you need to replace it this time get Nex,Skunk2,Tein,Ksport...Something that is worth the stability-these companies make true coilover suspension systems-not sleeves which will/can blow your struts out quicker than expected...

Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
wait wait wait.....ground control.....do you have those inserts that allow you to change the ride height? Its like a threaded disc on the spring perch.

And you are saying they were supposed to replace all 4 yet the front look totally different than the back. If i remember Koni's are typically yellow but i may be wrong. Are the struts in the front the same color as the rear.

yes i do the the sleeves or the one with the threaded disc so you can set it high or low.the springs might be suspect.because its black with MR part number.the back shocks yellow koni but front doesnt have any brand name except MR xxxxx. am i suspecting that the front MR shocks are oems not aftermarkets?

ty for the replies. i looked around ebay there are only two shocks for 3g and these are koni and kyb agx. no tokicko or skunk2. really expensive for just front shocks but i have no choice.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

well this whole time you were telling us you were having problems with the bumper scraping and all you told us is you have eibach suspension...and this is apparently not the case since you have adjustable inserts which first off are horrible on the stock struts and also terrible ride quality. They will create exactly what you are talking about with a bouncy ride. This is why i never suggest anyone get them.

And secondly if you are having clearance issues then why not raise them up?