Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

check this out

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Default check this out

i am a newbe to the car industry, and ihave a 2006mitsu eclipse gs on some 18's. i just got it lowerd 2" front and rear. its been lowerd for about 4 months. i no longer drive it cuz of the snow. so its in the garage. butwhen i was driven it back in november i noticed the rear tires were in the process of cupping and wearing on the in side. so now i know i need and camber kit so that im not buying tires every 3 months. so could you check out these kit and let me know what you think. i needa know asap cuz im leave for new jersey next month and i want to fix it. thanks
heres the web page.
http://iapdirect.com/product.php?pro...t=0&page=1
http://iapdirect.com/product.php?pro...t=0&page=1

Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: check this out

The first link is the one to go with.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Default rear tires pointed in at top and out at bottom

PLEASE help!!!
both my rear tires are like this
rear suspension seams to shoot on our 04 outlander,rear wheels are tilted wearing out the inside of the tires what do we need to do to fix this problem? i was given directions for "toe in and out" but thats no good. please give my instructions!!!</SPAN itxtvisited="1">

Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by timorr_06
PLEASE help!!!
both my rear tires are like this
rear suspension seams to shoot on our 04 outlander,rear wheels are tilted wearing out the inside of the tires what do we need to do to fix this problem? i was given directions for "toe in and out" but thats no good. please give my instructions!!!</SPAN itxtvisited="1">
Unfortunately I just went through this with my 03 Outlander. Every bushing in the rear end of the car had to be replaced. And there's a lot of them. The rear end of these cars was designed to provide a comfortable ride, but they went overboard in the design. At the very least you will need upper and lower control arms for both sides, trailing arm bushings both sides, new eccentric bolts both sides, and I'm sure I forgot a lot of other stuff. If you've rotated your tires like you should, you'll probably need 4 new tires too. It ended up costing me around $2k. And even better, when they went to replace one of the control arms, the section of the frame where the control arm bolted up to, was rotted through. We're talking a car I bought new with 110k miles on it. The top of the fuel tank was pitted and rotted through too, like no rust protection was applied . It was Beyond frustrating!

Last edited by beetlenut; 09-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.