Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

eibach pro kit or eibach sportsline?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Default eibach pro kit or eibach sportsline?

im currently in the process of lowering my 98 gsx, but im not sure which kit to buy. ive read some previous blogs about this however the guy didnt mention what size rims and tires he had. im assuming that plays a big role in which kit would work best. i currently have 18 inch rims and low pro tires, can anyone give me some feedback on their personal experiences with either of theses kits as well as opinion as far as what i should get.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: eibach pro kit or eibach sportsline?

The only difference in the kits is the ammount it lowers the car. The sportline will be about 0.5" lower than the pro-kit however the pro-kit has alittle stiffer springs. I currently run the pro-kit on my car and i like them. But ive heard good things about both. I think with the eclipse i like the look of the sportline better. And i dont think you should have any clearance issues since these cars have so much room in there

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Oh also are you going to be gettting struts because i think they really are a necessity when getting lowering springs since they put more stress on the stock struts and eventually will make them fail. IMO there are a few really nice ones to get and i believe adjustable is the best way to go such as either KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina's, or Koni Yellow's. Check out my suspension write-up on this
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_197811/tm.htm

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 PM

Hey thanks. i know the sportsline would look really good, but right now im not willing to sacrifice how the car drives or feels for looks. i am glad to hear that you love your pro-kit, because thats what im really leaning towards right now. As far as struts i had my stock ones replaced last year, so i should be good. but what do you think about getting a camber kit? Do you think ill need it, or is it going to just depend on how much play i have under there?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

nah you shoudlnt need a camber kit since i think the most ammount it gets lowered is about 1.5" with the sportline and only like 1" with the pro-kit which either isnt going to cause alot of neg. camber to the point where youd need a kit

Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 AM

Hey thanks man. I appreciate all your input.