Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Front end also shaking

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Default Front end also shaking

I have a 96' eclipse RS and I lowered it with stock tires (waiting for low pros') and just recently I noticed that between 15-30 mph it will shake the wheel back and fourth and into the 40's and 50's as well (not as severely though) after that it just vibrates the wheel, also it pulls pretty bad to the right, as in if I let go of the wheel it will change lanes fairly quickly,if anybody has any idea what this could be, I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have, I think my problem is primarily on the right side.[/size]

Old 06-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Front end also shaking

If it is pulling then you need to most likely get a front end alignment, and the shaking could be from that and possibly a wheel balance.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:35 PM

Yes, and running over Civics probably don't help your alignment..even though it's fun!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-14-2006, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: XTREME

Yes, and running over Civics probably don't help your alignment..even though it's fun!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Not to thread jack, why is it everywhere I look, they're people hating on civics?

Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 PM

I don't hate civics, before I bought an Evo I had a 1999 Civic Si with VTEC and I miss the sound it made once the cams opened up. The only reason I say things about civics is because while I'm driving an Evo they're the "other" car!!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:29 PM

you probably need a wheel alignment because you dropped it but wait for your low pros then get a wheel alignment.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM

Thanks guys for all your help im glad I rejoined this forum as always its well worth it.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

No problem. Glad we could help

Old 06-15-2006, 02:18 PM

(on a further note) oddly enough I think the wheels from the shaking issue I have were put on wrong, upon further inspection, I noticed the weights were not in the right spots, long weight on one side short weight on the other, which means one of the rear tires were put in front and one of the front tires were put in the back, also another thing is I parked the car in grass and it rained and already being lowered, I got stuck in mud what a mess that was, I had to be pulled out, someone told me if my wheels were turned when it got drug out, it could have messed up my tie-rods, and not too long after that I noticed the shaking, either way I have it scheduled to be looked at sat to find out once and for all what the problem could be.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM

a wheel alignment will only cause wheel pull and bouncing, i spoke with a Mitsu mechanic and he told me that the shaking is caused from the halfshafts being angled too much, not sure what it could be from if it from tires...

Quick Reply: Front end also shaking