Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

which goes where??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Default which goes where??

Ok guys, i have in my possession a set of coilovers that i'm going to throw on, but i bought them from my friend who bought them and thought they were just lowering springs cause the guy didnt give him any pics. So i bought them from him now and i'm unsure as to where the springs go. Because there are two that have those metal adjustable pieces that are short and then two that are longer, so which ones go in the front and then in the rear or does it not matter? I would assume it does matter since there are after all two different sizes
so but thanks in advance for any and all help guys

Old 03-28-2008, 02:32 AM
Default RE: which goes where??

Do you have pics of said coilovers? BTW, the shorter CO springs are usually for the rears and the heftier ones are usually for the fronts. Oh wait, are you talking about the CO sleeves? Yeah, post pics please.
Oh yeah, what brand are these COs? I know that Ground Control COs use shorter sleeves for the rear and longer (slightly) sleeves up front.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Hang on ill get some pics and try and post'em up. I'm unsure of what brand these are, the guy my friend bought them from didnt say, and they dont say on themwhat brand, I do know that they are not ebay coils though, the guy bought them from some kind of performance store. So but I went and looked at my car and noticed the front struts are bigger as in more wide around and the sleeves that are taller have the bigger opening soooo,I guess those go up front and then the short ones out back,I just want to be sure though.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

IMO im not really a fan of those type of coilovers. They may actually hinder the performance of the car. They have a tendancy to make the car more bouncy and also if you lower them too much with those you will need a camber kit. Not to mention the extra stress its going to place on the struts

Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Yeah, I know about all that where you have to get the good namebrand ones and also have a good strut setup to go with it in order for it to not bounce. But yea its hopefully gonna be alright, I have rear struts, I just need to get fronts, I only have rears cause the one side rusted out and broke so i got only the rears replaced by my uncle. So but now I need to get some fronts and hopefully I wont need a camber kit but if I do I'll prob just get one off of ebay for cheap and solve that problem fairly easy haha. So but ya at this point though I'll be happy to get them on there andfinally have more than a stupid ram air intake on the car and a sound system [:@]

Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM

Nevermind guys, I decided to just give them back to my friend seeing as i havent even payed him for them and I'm just gonna let him sell them. I'm doing this cause I'm about to sell the eclipse soon anyways soo it doesnt much matter if I have the springs on or not. So but thanks for the help anyways guys. I'll atleast know now a little more about springs and such for the next car.