Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/suspension-27/)
-   -   JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!??????? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/suspension-27/just-bought-my-first-mitsu-eclipse-rides-hard-looked-underneath-what-no-springs-24513/)

ECLIPSE74 01-07-2008 07:21 PM

JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Hello im new here as you can probably tell. i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!. when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact. i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.

EDIT: i finally figuered out how to post pics so here they are

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/F33B258A0DF74F25880396688AE4B4D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/AFCAA57A538A473790C514C6C12C2623.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/C750525DE48749399AFE69F6CB0E113F.jpg[/IMG]

Sebba 01-07-2008 07:34 PM

RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Post a picture of the car.

Do you know what the mods are?

Turbo or non turbo?

Rob 01-07-2008 07:40 PM

RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

ORIGINAL: ECLIPSE74

Hello im new here as you can probably tell.
As soon as i saw the ignorant all caps lock title i knew it was a no0b.

i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!.
Blown struts.

when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact.
Invisa-springs? lawl.

i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.
My guess is that you don't even know where the springs are located. It probably has some e-gay coilover junk set-up that is killing your car quickly.
What i would do if i was you, is this...park the car somewhere safe and leave it.
Log into teh internets and do some research. The information on this lovely intarweb on your car is more than plentiful.
Here's acouple handy sites:
http://vfaq.com/
http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

Sebba 01-07-2008 07:43 PM

You should be able to see springs.... lol

ECLIPSE74 01-07-2008 07:52 PM

i dont know how to post pics what do i have to do when i click add image explorer user promp comes up

Rob 01-07-2008 08:06 PM

Read the stickies no0bcakes...
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_118036/tm.htm

ECLIPSE74 01-07-2008 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob

ORIGINAL: ECLIPSE74

Hello im new here as you can probably tell.
As soon as i saw the ignorant all caps lock title i knew it was a no0b.

i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!.
Blown struts.

when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact.
Invisa-springs? lawl.

i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.
My guess is that you don't even know where the springs are located. It probably has some e-gay coilover junk set-up that is killing your car quickly.
What i would do if i was you, is this...park the car somewhere safe and leave it.
Log into teh internets and do some research. The information on this lovely intarweb on your car is more than plentiful.
Here's acouple handy sites:
http://vfaq.com/
http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

At leat i didnt make my whole post in cap!:Dthanks for the links. Im doing reasearch as i type this just wanted to post to see what info i can get here i was going to take it to a shop tomorrow.

Sebba 01-07-2008 09:28 PM

I like n00benstien better :eek:

Rob 01-08-2008 03:50 PM

Either way...he's the deffinition of n0ob.:D

TheEngineer 01-08-2008 04:28 PM

would you two quit it with the noob bull $hit. The kid doesnt know much about cars. Give him a break.

The springs are gonna be right behind the top of the tire. They should be there. Is your car loud on all bumps? Does the car have a rough ride even when not on a large bump. I agree with them, you probably have a blown strut or a those cheap coilovers. Was it the bottom of the car that hit the ground?

ECLIPSE74 01-10-2008 02:36 PM

Yes on all bumps even very small ones. It doesnt even feel like there is anything absorbing the contact between the car and them. i am going to try and take the tire off and get some pics.What should i expect to replace I dont mind putting new stuff in but i dont even no what to order? i saw a few kits for like $380 with struts and coils is that what i need. sorry guys im the poster child for nooooobs!

ECLIPSE74 01-10-2008 03:25 PM

oops i found them but they dont look good these are pics. well my files are to large what do i have to do to get them to go. i changed the size to like 1 megapxel to large i changed it to e-mail on the camerea dont work what else is there.

lhausi2 01-11-2008 07:59 PM

in the worst case try and post it somewhere else and just slap a link on this page. and yeah that's deff blown struts. if you wanna keep the car stock, then all you'd have to most likely replace is the struts and not the coils unless whoever owned it before but ebay coils in which you can usually tell from looking at them.

ECLIPSE74 01-11-2008 08:48 PM

Just got it back from midas and here's what they said i needed
brake pads
rotors
Rreb brake shoes
R brake drum
Rdrum hardware
FLt calipers
FRT calipers
R wheel cylinder
new master cylinder
F LT axel
coils and shocks
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dusty Eclipse 01-11-2008 08:58 PM

Wow... I just want a picture of the inside of the wheelwells...

lhausi2 01-11-2008 09:32 PM

it has drums? which eclipse has drums? i didn't know they could come like that. and yeah that looks like it'll be over a grand for all that stuff. how much you pay for the car? and how many miles and stuff?

dorian7 01-11-2008 10:45 PM

must be an RS

ECLIPSE74 01-11-2008 11:57 PM

I paid $2000 it has 182,126 miles is it worth fixing? if i new how to do it myself it probablywould save me alot of cash but i will have to pay someone to fix it for me.

Dusty Eclipse 01-12-2008 12:06 AM

Holy ****... uhh.... wow. Thats a lot more than thats worth...

dorian7 01-12-2008 01:47 AM

I would say no... I am sorry but it sounds like you didn't get the best deal.

Sebba 01-12-2008 01:51 AM

Understatement of the year lol

TheEngineer 01-12-2008 11:50 AM

something seems weird that they say youo need basically everything about the brakes because usually you can turn the rotors down and you only need to replace calipers when they are rotted and wont open. Sounds kinda fishy. But as far as the bumping goes im guessing its just the struts. Those things when they blow will make a ton of noise. I know this sounds kinda stupid but i would get a second opinion on the issues. And dont tell the place you bring it anything. Just say you want the brakes checked. Dont tell them any problems cuz alot of places will take advantage of you and because you say stuff they can pretend to need those things

ECLIPSE74 01-12-2008 12:25 PM

I will do that today. they said that the rotors were so worn that they could not be resurfaced is that possible.Im am looking around right now at some wreck yards so i can justput the stock stuts and coils on to save some cash.

ECLIPSE74 01-12-2008 12:33 PM

found some stock springs and struts from a 1999 eclipse non turbo will they fit on my 1995 eclipse.

Rob 01-12-2008 03:24 PM

Yes.

ECLIPSE74 01-12-2008 10:35 PM

Guy at the shop said he will chang everything except springs and stuts for $700 what do you think?

dorian7 01-13-2008 01:51 AM

It just depends if you think that you should put money into it, you will definently not get it back out of it.

TheEngineer 01-13-2008 07:07 AM

that doesnt sounds like too bad ofa price for all that. Pretty average. But plan on spending another $700 on the strut and spring install. including parts

ECLIPSE74 01-13-2008 01:15 PM

Yeah but I dont think i can get anyone to buy it from me for the $2000 that i just bought it for so it's either fix it to make it driveable and loos out on $2000 or put a little bit more money and atleast get some use out of it. If i did try to sell it what do you think i would be able to get. I found some usedstock springsfor $100 so i will have those put in.

jerusry 03-05-2008 12:26 AM

i say this. buy the stock springs/struts. put them on your self.. or have a shop put them on for *really cheap*. then turn around and sell it for as much as you can get after that. it needs springs and struts. that will make a world of difference. thats only 100$ more. nothing else NEEDS to be fixed to sell it and get your money back. try to get it all. or as close as possible.

shreff99 03-05-2008 09:13 AM

That's why he's on here and seeked us outand that's why you guys and everyone else, including myself,is here too...To answer questions tohelp people out with their stuff and offer a little guidance and direction as to where to go to find the solution.

Eclipse74, coilovers are going to give you a little rougher ride than springs so maybe look into some decent springs and shocks/struts as well if you are looking for a little more comfortable ride...Just do everything, the whole shibang, at one time...when I lower mine I'm going to look into some KYB adjustables and look at coilovers (although I have some, just not installedyet) vs. springs. Oh, and BTW, E-BAY IS NOT A PERFORMANCE PARTS STORE! So please stay away from there unless it's a name brand everyone is familiar with like Tein, KYB,etc...All the rest is just garbage and a waste of money on there.

ECLIPSE74 03-05-2008 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the comments and info i really appreciat it. I finally got the brakeswork done$500 andhad the struts and springs replaced $535.cant remember thename ofhand right now but from the price you can tell there not high performance. i think i might take the suggestion of selling it but dontknow if i could evenrecovermost of what i put in.plus i have to change the front left axel but i think i just might do both. without that being done i have put in. $2000 for the car and $1035 in parts. total of $3135. If i could get my $2000 back i would be happy but i might raise the priceand see what i can get. anyother suggestion to get my selling price up.

jerusry 05-27-2008 12:46 AM

clean the ever living shyt out of every little nook and cranny you can find ANYWHERE on the car. if it looks perfect but obviously is used then they will never even think it used to look like those pictures... cuz holy hell, it had nothing in there for suspendion. lol..

Kaede.Noir 05-27-2008 01:50 AM

did it at least felt better?