Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Default JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Hello im new here as you can probably tell. i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!. when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact. i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.

EDIT: i finally figuered out how to post pics so here they are

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/F33B258A0DF74F25880396688AE4B4D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/AFCAA57A538A473790C514C6C12C2623.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15681/C750525DE48749399AFE69F6CB0E113F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Post a picture of the car.

Do you know what the mods are?

Turbo or non turbo?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

ORIGINAL: ECLIPSE74

Hello im new here as you can probably tell.
As soon as i saw the ignorant all caps lock title i knew it was a no0b.

i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!.
Blown struts.

when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact.
Invisa-springs? lawl.

i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.
My guess is that you don't even know where the springs are located. It probably has some e-gay coilover junk set-up that is killing your car quickly.
What i would do if i was you, is this...park the car somewhere safe and leave it.
Log into teh internets and do some research. The information on this lovely intarweb on your car is more than plentiful.
Here's acouple handy sites:
http://vfaq.com/
http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

You should be able to see springs.... lol

Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 PM

i dont know how to post pics what do i have to do when i click add image explorer user promp comes up

Old 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Rob
Banned

Read the stickies no0bcakes...
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_118036/tm.htm

Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob

ORIGINAL: ECLIPSE74

Hello im new here as you can probably tell.
As soon as i saw the ignorant all caps lock title i knew it was a no0b.

i just bought a 1995 eclips and it is lowered alot and as i was driveng home any little bump was like bam!.
Blown struts.

when i got home i looked under the car and did not see any springs is this normal im not to much of a car person but i thought all car are suposed to have springs for the impact.
Invisa-springs? lawl.

i just want a comfortable ride thats it handleiNg doeSnt matter what do i need to install remember im not a car person any info will be appreciated.
My guess is that you don't even know where the springs are located. It probably has some e-gay coilover junk set-up that is killing your car quickly.
What i would do if i was you, is this...park the car somewhere safe and leave it.
Log into teh internets and do some research. The information on this lovely intarweb on your car is more than plentiful.
Here's acouple handy sites:
http://vfaq.com/
http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

At leat i didnt make my whole post in cap!thanks for the links. Im doing reasearch as i type this just wanted to post to see what info i can get here i was going to take it to a shop tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

I like n00benstien better

Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Rob
Banned

Either way...he's the deffinition of n0ob.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

would you two quit it with the noob bull $hit. The kid doesnt know much about cars. Give him a break.

The springs are gonna be right behind the top of the tire. They should be there. Is your car loud on all bumps? Does the car have a rough ride even when not on a large bump. I agree with them, you probably have a blown strut or a those cheap coilovers. Was it the bottom of the car that hit the ground?

Quick Reply: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????