Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Banned
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Understatement of the year lol

Old 01-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

something seems weird that they say youo need basically everything about the brakes because usually you can turn the rotors down and you only need to replace calipers when they are rotted and wont open. Sounds kinda fishy. But as far as the bumping goes im guessing its just the struts. Those things when they blow will make a ton of noise. I know this sounds kinda stupid but i would get a second opinion on the issues. And dont tell the place you bring it anything. Just say you want the brakes checked. Dont tell them any problems cuz alot of places will take advantage of you and because you say stuff they can pretend to need those things

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM

I will do that today. they said that the rotors were so worn that they could not be resurfaced is that possible.Im am looking around right now at some wreck yards so i can justput the stock stuts and coils on to save some cash.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM

found some stock springs and struts from a 1999 eclipse non turbo will they fit on my 1995 eclipse.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Rob
Banned

Yes.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 PM

Guy at the shop said he will chang everything except springs and stuts for $700 what do you think?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 AM

It just depends if you think that you should put money into it, you will definently not get it back out of it.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

that doesnt sounds like too bad ofa price for all that. Pretty average. But plan on spending another $700 on the strut and spring install. including parts

Old 01-13-2008, 01:15 PM

Yeah but I dont think i can get anyone to buy it from me for the $2000 that i just bought it for so it's either fix it to make it driveable and loos out on $2000 or put a little bit more money and atleast get some use out of it. If i did try to sell it what do you think i would be able to get. I found some usedstock springsfor $100 so i will have those put in.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 AM

i say this. buy the stock springs/struts. put them on your self.. or have a shop put them on for *really cheap*. then turn around and sell it for as much as you can get after that. it needs springs and struts. that will make a world of difference. thats only 100$ more. nothing else NEEDS to be fixed to sell it and get your money back. try to get it all. or as close as possible.

Quick Reply: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????