Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

Yes on all bumps even very small ones. It doesnt even feel like there is anything absorbing the contact between the car and them. i am going to try and take the tire off and get some pics.What should i expect to replace I dont mind putting new stuff in but i dont even no what to order? i saw a few kits for like $380 with struts and coils is that what i need. sorry guys im the poster child for nooooobs!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????

oops i found them but they dont look good these are pics. well my files are to large what do i have to do to get them to go. i changed the size to like 1 megapxel to large i changed it to e-mail on the camerea dont work what else is there.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM

in the worst case try and post it somewhere else and just slap a link on this page. and yeah that's deff blown struts. if you wanna keep the car stock, then all you'd have to most likely replace is the struts and not the coils unless whoever owned it before but ebay coils in which you can usually tell from looking at them.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:48 PM

Just got it back from midas and here's what they said i needed
brake pads
rotors
Rreb brake shoes
R brake drum
Rdrum hardware
FLt calipers
FRT calipers
R wheel cylinder
new master cylinder
F LT axel
coils and shocks

Old 01-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Wow... I just want a picture of the inside of the wheelwells...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:32 PM

it has drums? which eclipse has drums? i didn't know they could come like that. and yeah that looks like it'll be over a grand for all that stuff. how much you pay for the car? and how many miles and stuff?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 PM

must be an RS

Old 01-11-2008, 11:57 PM

I paid $2000 it has 182,126 miles is it worth fixing? if i new how to do it myself it probablywould save me alot of cash but i will have to pay someone to fix it for me.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Holy ****... uhh.... wow. Thats a lot more than thats worth...

Old 01-12-2008, 01:47 AM

I would say no... I am sorry but it sounds like you didn't get the best deal.

Quick Reply: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST MITSU ECLIPSE RIDES HARD LOOKED UNDERNEATH WHAT NO SPRINGS!!!!???????