Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Lowered Issue Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Default Lowered Issue Need Help

Ok here is my problem and what I have now on my 97 Eclipse Rs: I had a new front bumper (Shogun Body Piece) put onto my eclipse after cracking the old one. Well this front kit piece is level laying to the ground as opposed to slanting upwards for driving purposes. And I have Aerospeed Front Springs (-2.0 inch drop) and KYB G2 shocks. And it can't even make it into my garage, driveway, or anything else. I had to back it into my garage and it only has about an inch lift spot of concrete to get into the garage; If I pull the car in forward the front bumper will rest ontop of the concrete opening of the garage going from grass into it (scraping untill the front wheels catch the concrete. Well anyways I bought cheap coilovers that stand about 6 inches tall and have a 5 spring count on them (cheap) because I was selling the car and just needed to lift it back up so someone who bought it could leave with it. Now I'm keeping the car and am low on money at this point, so it would be great to make the coilovers work for a month (knowing it will be a crappy ride, but only to work and back everyday 15 miles) for another month when I'll be able to afford tein basic kit. What would be my options for lifting the front back up in the mean time? Because it looks like with the cheap coiloves that they are shorter than springs even with the sleeve all the way extended meaning it maybe dropping it more posing a problem. Should I try purchasing tein springs in the mean time, and if so which ones S Tech (1.3 Drop) or H Tech (.9 Drop), that way the back would look even to the front as opposed to putting on the coilovers or something stock in just the front? Or should I try to buy a different set of coilovers for the car? Money is a concern but I do have $150 if I need to get the H or S Tech springs leaving a bill collector short (lol). But if it's bareable to drive for a month I'd love to get the tein basic kit and not waste the money on springs now, but don't think the coilovers I got now will work. I can take pictures of the shocks, springs, or car if any of that helps. Thank you in advance.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Lowered Issue Need Help

well at this point if you really want to get the good coilovers then i would try and wait. If you still have the old bumper why not put that back on until you can get the coilovers. This way you can save up. I wouldnt use the cheap coilovers peices because i think they might even do damage to your struts. But that just what i think

Old 08-21-2006, 12:16 AM

I ordered the Tein H Tech Springs @ -.9 (statistic drop). The car is all chameleon and molded at the fenders to the bumper leaving me unable to try that. That actually stopped me from putting on the lambo doors I bought for it a long time ago, lol. Thank you for the input, now I just gotta figure out why I have no power to the diver side headlight after an accdident and no fuses are blown.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

did you check both the fuses at the drivers feet and in the engine bay?

Old 08-21-2006, 12:01 PM

I didn't check the ones on the inside because the car is jacked up on one side waiting for the springs, but will this week.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:03 PM

And I thought if they were independant circuits then they would be on the outside. But I'll still check after I get me springs, lol.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

have you replaced the bulb yet either