Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Lowering + Bumpy Ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Default Lowering + Bumpy Ride

My Gst's lowered really low with Eibach springs. I love the look and the performance but hate the daily drive down the freeway when it get's bumpy. I've thrown my cell phone across the car from my lap after hitting a big bump. My arss has even gotten some air off the seat.

I want to get new suspension but am scared that the same thing will happen. I want to keep the look and the performance but soften the ride a little. is that possible?

Old 02-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Lowering + Bumpy Ride

The smoothest lowering spring from what I have heard are the Eibach Pro Kit spring. I'm not sure if you have the Sportline or Pro Kit so you may already have one the softest lowering spring available. The TEIN S-tech spring is also quite soft, but with the Pro Kit and S-tech alike, the lowering is not as drastic as the Sportline. If you get coilovers, you will have the ability to adjust the height of the car but the ride quality will more than likely be even more stiff that with just springs. Unfortunately you are going to have a more firm ride with lowering your vehicle than with stock height no matter what you buy. I think its worth it to have a little bit of a bumpy ride with hardly any body roll and your turns are more fun. I have full coilovers (NEX SS) and I love them. The ride is firm but it is very enjoyable, just make sure you don't have any drinks in the car that are almost full because they will more than likely spill haha.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:54 AM

ya, a little bumpy i can deal with but when my *** starts to get air off my driving seat then we start to have problems. haha.
I'll look into those eibach. I'm not sure which ones i have. I have the paperwork somewhere. I'll look over it.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

well if you already have eibach it doesn't sound like you need springs, it sounds like you need some good struts

Old 03-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Yea but if he has the Eibach Sportline springs it could be the cause of the bumpy ride as well. But yes, look into some good struts with these two, some Tokico blues or AGX adjustables should suit you pretty well.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

My Gst's lowered really low with Eibach springs. I love the look and the performance but hate the daily drive down the freeway when it get's bumpy. I've thrown my cell phone across the car from my lap after hitting a big bump. My arss has even gotten some air off the seat.

I want to get new suspension but am scared that the same thing will happen. I want to keep the look and the performance but soften the ride a little. is that possible?
Did you replace your struts when you did the springs? If you didn't, I think the problem is that the struts are compressed too much, therefore giving you the bumpy ride and they will not last as long. If you didn't replace the struts, I would highly suggest you do so.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 PM

hmmm i didn't think of the struts. DRRRR. hahaha.
I didn't do the lowering job myself, it was the guy who owned the car before me. I will def look into it though.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM

For my eclipse, I bought some Bomz Racing Coil-Overs, but now I have to problem of chamber. I have just put some new tires on my car and I really don't want to replace them, also, I still have the stock shocks on my car. If I were to lower the car 2 inches, would it be to much for the shocks or should I lower it only 1 1/2 inch. The chamber on the car, I got the back fix, but what about the front. Would I have to worry about the front chamber or should the alignment fix that. I have alot of questions but be specific, I hate having to ask the same questions over and over. Thank you.