Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

so i slid into this curb....

Old 12-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Default so i slid into this curb....

That is a great way to start a help thread. Anyways i was on my way to work, these Wisconsin roads are terrible, i pull into the service road and well my tires didnt want to do what i wanted them and the car slid into a curb. i was only going about maybe 10 tops but that was a hard hit, let me tell ya. So after that my car pulls emencly to the left. i brought the car home. the steering wheel is roughly on a 45degree angle to the right for the tires to be straight. I know i should probably have it taken in but i would like to attempt to fix it myself as i have done a lot of repairs before and my brother, who doesnt like working on my cars, is available for help. What all could i have messed up. The front passenger side wheel is about two inches back, which was a result from the lower control arm bending. My brother,mechanic kind of, is worried that the unibody frame is also bent. how realistic is that? he claimed if that is bent i might as well throw the car away. what i would like to know, where can i get a lower control arm for a reasonable price for a 1993 mitusbishi mirage 1.8(i looked around and didnt find much. autozone didnt sell it), what else could i have f*cked up in this unforunate event and is it likely for the unibody to be bent ruining the car forever

thank you if you repost, i would like to get this car back on the road again.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Default RE: so i slid into this curb....

Here it is

Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 AM

And Check you steering rack?

it might have a leak. check the steering wheel fluid too.

I have the same problem onmyold Honda.
the steering rack broke and the fluid started to drip. it will be very hard to steer when it's cold weather. it really gets hard

Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM

im not sure what a steering rack is. i will check the fluid tomorrow. i did not notice any leaks underneath the vehicle but its always worth to look.

how likely is it that the unibody could be out of whack?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:36 PM

sub frame maybe. idk about the frame.