Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

All power locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Default All power locks not working

I have a 2004 Endeavor and for many years now the power locks only work in the winter months for some weird reason. All 4 doors and the lift gate locks don't work by using the door button or the keyless entry/alarm buttons.

Typically when it begins cool down, late October-early March I'll have no problems getting in and out of the vehicle with the buttons working fine. As soon as it begins to get warmer and warmer, they become intermittent and then in the summer months, they don't work at all.

I told this to the manager of the body shop I was just at while getting some repairs done and he's never heard of it. I've google this and have come up with a few suggestions, but nothing that seems to fit exactly.

Any ideas?

Old 06-27-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bphall74
I have a 2004 Endeavor and for many years now the power locks only work in the winter months for some weird reason. All 4 doors and the lift gate locks don't work by using the door button or the keyless entry/alarm buttons.

Typically when it begins cool down, late October-early March I'll have no problems getting in and out of the vehicle with the buttons working fine. As soon as it begins to get warmer and warmer, they become intermittent and then in the summer months, they don't work at all.

I told this to the manager of the body shop I was just at while getting some repairs done and he's never heard of it. I've google this and have come up with a few suggestions, but nothing that seems to fit exactly.

Any ideas?
the motors inside your door could be getting old and weak and as it gets cold things shrink and get constricted could be a simple expanding and contracting servo for your door lock

Old 07-25-2020, 12:48 PM

> Affects ALL. < Check relay,sounds like the coil inside it doesn't like the heat.
Have you changed the battery in remote?

Old 07-25-2020, 12:50 PM

I see the post is 'somewhat' old.
If you figured it out, post fix so everyone else gains the knowledge-possible fix for theirs.
"Share the fix"