Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

clunky rear end sound 2004 79,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Default clunky rear end sound 2004 79,000 miles

Hi all, 04 endeavor is clunking when going over rough roads, especially noticable when going slow. From what I have read, sound like might be lower control arm bushings. Anyone ever dealt with this before and if so how difficult was it to replace?
thanks
Len

Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Thumbs down 2004 Endeavor

Im having a clunking sound when I drive slow and apply the breaks. Breaks have been checked and no issues. Wheels were rotated and it didnt change. Not one mechanic is able to find the problem. We are still researching it. Funny thing though, its so noticable, but some say they cant hear it, others say they can. I hear it ALL the time unless I turn up the radio to cover the noise. I know its SOMETHING its not a phantom noise! More later if I find out what it is. If you know, please give me a shout. They are looking in to the bushing to see if thats it. I will let you know.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sharonann Wogan
Im having a clunking sound when I drive slow and apply the breaks. Breaks have been checked and no issues. Wheels were rotated and it didnt change. Not one mechanic is able to find the problem. We are still researching it. Funny thing though, its so noticable, but some say they cant hear it, others say they can. I hear it ALL the time unless I turn up the radio to cover the noise. I know its SOMETHING its not a phantom noise! More later if I find out what it is. If you know, please give me a shout. They are looking in to the bushing to see if thats it. I will let you know.
Is your rear rotors are replaced ? I had the same issue once I've replaced rear pads and decide to save money on the rear rotors replacement . ~2000 KM I got this clunking sound and it just was worst with the time . I'm gave up and replace rear rotors and pads again ( all my fault - I was need to do it from the beginning ) and there is no noise for the already 5000 km ( 3K+ miles ) .

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by lhaduck
Hi all, 04 endeavor is clunking when going over rough roads, especially noticable when going slow. From what I have read, sound like might be lower control arm bushings. Anyone ever dealt with this before and if so how difficult was it to replace?
thanks
Len
Got the same problem with my Colt Equippe 04 1.1 did you ever find a solution. Read somewhere that it could be the motor mount.
Cheers

Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 PM

check the sway bar links, may be connected but failed nonetheless

Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Default Fixed it

Well I can tell you...I don't know if there's a good way to check them but mine was the lower control arm bushings. After pressing out old and putting in new....no clunking