Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

99 Mit. Montero Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Red face 99 Mit. Montero Electrical Problems

Hi, Everyone up there.

I have a 99 Mitsubishi Montero SR since new and it is a wonderfulvehicle. No problems until now. I was driving back home from work with thewindows down enjoying the view and hearing music, when suddenly the radio stopworking. When I look the clock also was not working. I decided to turn the A/Cand close my windows and the blower and power windows were not working too.When arrive home and check I also don’t have power on the power locks, domelights, brake lights and alarm didn’t work too.

I have the original OEM service manuals and start checkingall the fuses and fuse links and all of them are good, so no blow out fuses. Icheck and there’s no 12V power to the pins or connectors to the multi-purposefuses related to all this accessory options (Fuse #4 and #19) on the junction boxlocated inside the vehicle. I did a search and only found a post related to theIOD Fuse located in the relay box of the engine compartment and it has continuity.

I been working and struggling with the issue for the lasttwo days without any satisfactory results that could lead the short circuit ordamage fuse link.

Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Red

Old 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM

Not sure if you figured this out, but I have an electronics background. No blown fuses or links indicates an open not a short, which should be easier to find. I don't have any detailed ideas, but start at the common 12 volt buss for all accessories, and also check grounds. You cold have a melted connector or loose ground. Look around the alternator, fuse blocks, relays etc. If you have a diagram, I could probably take a look remotely and give you some ideas of where to start. Hopefully you're rolling again since it's been 6 months

Old 04-19-2017, 08:27 PM

I agree with previous post - check for loose grounds and double check to make sure both battery cables are good.