Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Right blinker wont stop blinking! any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Default Right blinker wont stop blinking! any ideas?

Well I decided to install some tweeters in my doors so I pulled the driverside door panel off and unplugged the door lock assembly plug but there wasnt room for them there so reinstalled it. pulled the upper pillar covers and insalled them there instead, ran two wires on each side to the stereo and hooked them up, put everythng back and when i went for a drive my blinker wouldnt stop blinking. Ive replaced the flasher relay and pulled and checked the switch to make sure my return tab wasnt broke and its not everythng is working so im at a lose here it didnt start doing it until i hooked up those stupid tweeters. I never cut, spliced or touched any wires other than the speaker wires on the stereo THATS IT! Ive removed the tweeters and all wires i hooked up and its still doing it. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Last edited by shownuff80; 09-29-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:05 PM

PROBLEM FOUND- Well I checked every wire that i could get my hands on and nothin figured id check the switch one more time and decided to pull it completely apart and ended up finding that the little tab (not the return tab) that moves the switch from right,nuetral,left was broke off. How it broke off exactly when I was hooking up tweeters I have no idea I could have bumped it maybe who knows. Going to try and fix it myself and save 110.00 bucks if I cant I guess Ill have to go buy one. Note to self when a montero says NO that means NO!