Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero Sport The left turn signal won't stop blinking

Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Default Montero Sport The left turn signal won't stop blinking

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS. I was driving last night and made a left turn and used the turn signal. After I made the left turn when the turn signal should have clicked off it made a clicking sound but stayed on. I tried moving the turn signal arm to the off position and right turn position but the left signal keeps blinking and won't stop unless I shut off the car. The turn signal arm doesn't seem broken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Default Turn Indicator Lever Switch

Problem solved by replacing turn indicator unit. The old unit had (tab broke off in normal wear and tear) a plastic tab that would allow switch to return to center after turning the steering wheel back to center position. It was hard to believe that Mitsubishi would allow such a fault in design. Hope this helps anyone that has a turn indicator blinking and won't cancel.