Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander 2.4 XLS - NZ - Bluetooth Query

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:20 AM
Post 2007 Outlander 2.4 XLS - NZ - Bluetooth Query

Hello

I have just purchased a 2nd hand 2007 Outlander XLS, which has the 18 inch wheels, 2.4L 4 cyclinder engine, built in stereo (but not the rockford fosgate one). Im not sure how this one compares to other countries and models etc.

Anyway, I am having problems with the Bluetooth. I have a 'User Guide' which came with the car, stating a few basic things you can do, and a stick on metallic label with quick reference tips on it.

My issue is that the bluetooth doesnt do anything for me. The person I brought it from is my father in law, and he had the bluetooth working on his car. He however got the key replaced (with the lock/unlock buttons on it) as it was damaged, and ever since it hasnt worked.

I have a blue and red phone button beside the steering wheel (RHD here so to the right of the steering wheel). It is a toggle switch so only one can be pressed at once. There are no steering wheel controls.

I think this bluetooth was an after option, however was added in when he brought it new.

The User Manual states the website www.mitsubishibluetooth.com however that site doesnt seem to exist.

It states in the manual to hold the red phone button for 7 seconds, and it should beep at you and then you have 5 minutes to pair a phone. It does nothing. The buttons are lit up when in ACC, ON and running however I have tried all modes and nothing.
It also states to hold the red button for 15 seconds to clear all pairs, however that doesnt do anything either. I have held the button for a minute with no result.

I read on here about pushing the red button for 2 seconds, let go, 2 seconds again, let go, and 2 seconds again - all within 10 seconds. however that doesnt work either.

I dont know what the model is of this bluetooth module, however I have just read how to take the centre stereo piece out so I will see what it is tomorrow.

I did remove the glove box and found the fuse box and found 2 wires running to the fuse box, whichh both have inline fuses on them, which seem to go to the bluetooth unit. The light wasnt the best but the fuses looked intact, but I will test tomorrow when its daytime. I disconnected these and powered up the car and it was indeed dead - lights on the buttons were off. Reconnected and tried pairing again and clearing again and still nothing.

So Im a little stumped as to what is wrong.

On the card it states the bluetooth ID is 'Mits - blue' and the code is '1234' - in case this is any help to anyone to identify what I have.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks from NZ

Old 06-13-2010, 02:40 AM

Solved - own stupidity mixed with Mitsubishi doing a service and therefore resetting the stereo settings for phone.... *cough* *cough*...

It works great! lol

Can even play music from my phone on the stereo, however the quality is equilivelent to listening to a distant transistor radio.... but meh, bluetooth works - so all is good.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:42 PM

glad you solved it, I've had mine 3years now and still cant get it to 'pair' permanently with my 'fone.!; each time I turn the ignition off I have to go through the same 'pair a phone' routine. It is a pain in the **** !; I now use a garmin Nuvi instead, this works fine and I can update speed cameras and poi s etc

Old 06-14-2010, 02:43 AM

Your bluetooth issue isnt related to one of the 2 fuses going to the unit, being blown is it?
I think one of them is constant 12V and the other one is Ignition 12V. If your constant fuse is blown, then that could explain why the unit works fine but wont retain the pair.

Just an idea.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Smile re bluetooth query

Originally Posted by WanaGo
Your bluetooth issue isnt related to one of the 2 fuses going to the unit, being blown is it?
I think one of them is constant 12V and the other one is Ignition 12V. If your constant fuse is blown, then that could explain why the unit works fine but wont retain the pair.

Just an idea.
Thanks for the suggestion, I never thought of that!,... will check fuses when I have a spare minute or two. Thanks again
Ron

Old 03-23-2016, 01:36 AM

Funny story...

Wanted to get the bluetooth working again after having the battery changed in the Outlander, and found this old post of mine...

But my answer was vague and didnt actually say what had to be changed, so I am in the same boat again! gaaa

"resetting the stereo settings for phone"

What does that mean. I have been over the radio and there are no settings for phone or input type that I can see anyway.

Anyone have any idea what this might have been.
How stupid am I right...

Been fine for years, havent had to touch it since 2010.

Regards
WanaGo

Old 08-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:14 AM

Sadly not.

Have not been able to figure it out again

Old 08-12-2016, 02:19 PM

what a pity...