Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Exclamation Recall would be nice

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Old 11-21-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cali Duck
Agreed, I received a recall notice as well for the blower motor. I would check with your dealership to see if your VIN is eligible or not.

Sadly, I already replaced mine...maybe I should have them replace it again and keep the one I bought as a spare.
My recall notice said if you already replaced it, send the receipts to Mitsu's HQ and they will reimburse you for the costs, you may want to give that a shot or at least call customer service and ask.

They will not replace it again... Before they do the work they look at the model # and manufacture date on the blower itself and if it's not within their recall range they will not replace it.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
My recall notice said if you already replaced it, send the receipts to Mitsu's HQ and they will reimburse you for the costs, you may want to give that a shot or at least call customer service and ask.

They will not replace it again... Before they do the work they look at the model # and manufacture date on the blower itself and if it's not within their recall range they will not replace it.
So they're replacing faulty blowers with the same unit? I figured they'd found a unit with higher output or something...

Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 AM

No, the recall states the bearing was incorrectly centred or manufactured or something on the motor shaft leading to premature wear.

They are replacing the incorrectly made units with a new unit that is identical but with a properly made bearing on it.

Mine was intermittently making a buzzing/whining noise for a half a second-3 seconds after it was sitting in the cold... Fortunately it was on the recall list and they replaced it for free.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
No, the recall states the bearing was incorrectly centred or manufactured or something on the motor shaft leading to premature wear.

They are replacing the incorrectly made units with a new unit that is identical but with a properly made bearing on it.

Mine was intermittently making a buzzing/whining noise for a half a second-3 seconds after it was sitting in the cold... Fortunately it was on the recall list and they replaced it for free.
I wish I would have saved the blower I replaced...we'll see what they say, I need a servicing anyways.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:18 PM

Like I said I don't think you need the part, if yours actually failed and you send them your VIN and the bill for the new part more than likely (if your VIN matches the recall) they will pay the cost of the part.