Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Outlander XLS Driver Side Rear Door Window off Track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
...LKQ is buying up all the salvage yards around the country and making deals with insurance company's to buy vehicles newer than 10 years old. They pick them apart, throw the parts onto shelves, catalog everything and put it into their online database of parts for body shops and insurance companies to buy. Then they scrap the rest.
What a damn shame. I went to a local pick-a-part recently and, while at the time I didn't really notice, you are right, there were only older cars there.

I did, however, like your 3D printer suggestion, even though it may have been somewhat in jest and it may just be an option worth looking into.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:37 AM

Soon they will be cheaper than the replacement parts.. As it is you can buy kits for around $500 and commercial models for like a grand. I used mine for fixing things a couple times...

If you have a local hackersspace/maker space you may be able to get them to do a single part for you for a couple bucks if you want to go to the trouble of measuring and CADing it...

As far as I'm concerned the whole auto industry is one giant scam.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:56 AM

I keep trying to get my boss to order one for our lab. We have a large industrial 3D printer on site for engineering prototype parts, but it's backed up for months with projects, there's never any downtime with it so i can use it for ummmm, extra curricular projects .

Old 07-31-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by gringgo
What a damn shame. I went to a local pick-a-part recently and, while at the time I didn't really notice, you are right, there were only older cars there.

I did, however, like your 3D printer suggestion, even though it may have been somewhat in jest and it may just be an option worth looking into.
Yea, it is a shame. I remember 15 years ago with my first car, i would go to the u-pull it with my dad and buy parts or rather accessories and options that weren't on my base model. The cars in the yard were all crashed vehicles with half the yard filled with cars 1-5 years old. Now i went to the same yard last year, and everything was no newer than 10 years old.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
I keep trying to get my boss to order one for our lab. We have a large industrial 3D printer on site for engineering prototype parts, but it's backed up for months with projects, there's never any downtime with it so i can use it for ummmm, extra curricular projects .
No ggg you can't print at AK47 at work :P

Old 08-31-2015, 10:36 AM

I have an 06 and have replaced all 4 regulators (tracks) when the plastic spools failed. I was very stylish with screwdrivers holding the windows up.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by DesertOutlander
I have an 06 and have replaced all 4 regulators (tracks) when the plastic spools failed. I was very stylish with screwdrivers holding the windows up.
I like the creativeness! Did you only replace the track or did you have to replace the entire arm as well?

Old 09-01-2015, 09:31 AM

the entire track with spool and cabling, my year doesn't have a scissor-style like some cars. it looks almost like an archery bow in it's setup. but if you have small hands it's super easy to swap out.

yeah, my Dad's an old shadetree mechanic so I've picked up enough to keep things going, even if it looks redneck as hell lol.