Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 sel

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Default 2016 sel

This past Saturday, I swear I was just browsing, but ended going home with a white 2016 SEL... will post photo later, anyone else take the plunge and more specifically anyone get the tow package installed, did they have to cut the bottom part of the bumper?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:40 AM

Not sure if this gives the idea, but that's the stock hitch.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Usually if they have to cut the bumper, the kit will include some kind of bezel(because you can't cut perfect). However, i don't see any such bezel in the kit above, so i doubt they cut the bumper.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by leo167
This past Saturday, I swear I was just browsing, but ended going home with a white 2016 SEL... will post photo later, anyone else take the plunge and more specifically anyone get the tow package installed, did they have to cut the bottom part of the bumper?
I did the Same thing on the 9th I bought the 2015 Outlander SE Copper in color with about 500 in extra ad on,s like a roof rack, cargo mat, cargo net,and the back cargo cover!! I needed the Rebates so I wasn't able to get the 2016 but congrats on your 2016 SEL I'm sure it's Really Sharp!!!

Old 08-22-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
Usually if they have to cut the bumper, the kit will include some kind of bezel(because you can't cut perfect). However, i don't see any such bezel in the kit above, so i doubt they cut the bumper.
That was the condition I set with the dealer, if they have to cut then I don't want it.. sure enough got there hey unboxed it read through the guide and told me they will need to cut the bumper face, I asked if there was a bezel or moulding to hide the rough cut... they said no, (really? almost $1000 and they don't provide cosmetics to hide a not so perfect cut?) so i backed out of it...and decided to wait for curt (or what ever aftermarket comes out with a no cut no drill part number first) for a third of the money..
I would of went for it if some cosmetic piece was included, to prevent a possible backyard hack look (kind of needed it for a trip that week) but had no confidence in the service dept. some of the techs look like they partied to hard the night before, and the rest look like they just had no clue and was just texting away on their phones... not a very good first impression
and to add I ordered the crossbars at the same time as a back up just in case if the hitch can't be ordered in time or for the need to cut scenario... they screwed that up too.. kid came back out telling they ordered the wrong item, they actually ordered the roof rail,, not the cross bars...WTF!!! I think I made the right decision on declining with the hitch and wiring install
was I pissed? off course.... service / part manager knew that I needed either or expedited rather quickly so he has background and the reason for this urgency for this work ticket,,, and can you believe he didn't man up and apologize to me, just kept on looking away and avoiding the issue... didn't mean to turn this into a rant
but a wasted day off from work and nothing accomplished.. im sure a lot would be pissed just as much

Old 08-22-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Copper penny
I did the Same thing on the 9th I bought the 2015 Outlander SE Copper in color with about 500 in extra ad on,s like a roof rack, cargo mat, cargo net,and the back cargo cover!! I needed the Rebates so I wasn't able to get the 2016 but congrats on your 2016 SEL I'm sure it's Really Sharp!!!
Congrats Copper!! I was looking at the 15's also and was tempted... a lot of good incentives and discounts made it a hard bargain to turn down, but I was curious on the "100 improvements" made on the 16..
Sales was not pushing either or (which was weird) but I stated let's see if I can get the 16 for the same payments as the 15.... so with some haggling, begging, huddling..etc. managed to get to a $60 a month difference... I said meh close enough and signed

Old 08-22-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Not sure if this gives the idea, but that's the stock hitch.

Thanks for posting the diagram... can you also do the same for the wiring harness for the hitch? at this point I am just waiting for the aftermarket to come out with a part # but I think I want the connector mounted outside the vehicle this time and why I'm curious with the OEM harness

Old 08-22-2015, 04:26 PM

Leo167,,,, thank you I posted some pictures of mine. I was Supprized I got the copper color. But I'm glad they only had white &Black of the 015 models. I really whanted a Nice ES two wheel Drive. But then my Wife said I wouldn't be happy with the ES because it's not as Nice as the SE or GT model. And she's wright! I also whanted a Sunroof but my payment would of been to high.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:18 AM

Anyone have the instructions?? I find it hard to believe there is no bezel if the bumper has to be trimmed. All i could find was the kit part number: MZ314710

I know with other hitch install's i've done, i've had to trim underbody plastics, but those are only visible from under the car. Anytime the bumper cover had to be trimmed, they always included a bezel to make it look factory.

I only like the hitch box to stick out with my hitches, in the long run every hitch is sure to rust. So some aftermarket hitches will sit too low and show their entire crossbeam from behind the car, when that begins to rust, it'll look awful. I'd rather trim the bumper and have just the hitchbox sticking out.

Last edited by gggplaya; 08-24-2015 at 10:37 AM.