Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Detailed Rear Camera Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Ian

My cable is already plugded in that place.

What I whant to know it's where that cable is going in the vehicule, where the cable finish ?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:34 AM

0k Ian, look post 107&108 for diagrams to OEM rear camera, the other end finalizes in the D-38 connector.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Ian

The D-38 connector is under the passenger seat.

It's a 12-pin connector
The hardness Parts # MZ607384EZ connect directly on the rear of MMCS, it does not use this connector.

Attached Thumbnails  Detailed Rear Camera Installation-dsc00839.jpg    Detailed Rear Camera Installation-dsc00844.jpg  

Last edited by Ian; 09-13-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 AM

Name:  2emcv11-1.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  32.4 KB

Sorry, my mistake. According to the mitsupartsman's diagram, F-21 is the other end, that according to which mentions mitsupartsman in post 108, will have to be in back door. My Outie doesn't have this prewiring, at this point I don't can to see by F-21 connector, but I have the 'F' diagrams, I will check it.

Last edited by jsrd; 09-14-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 PM

Name:  3Hatchpanelremoved.jpg
Views: 2709
Size:  66.3 KB
How do you remove the inside panel? I couldn't see any clips around.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Default Detailed Rear Camera Installation

Does anyone know how to remove the rear deck on a 97 Diamante? Right now just having trouble with the middle part of the back rest. Thanks.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 PM

I was Googling for
MZ607384EX rear camera harness
MZ380461EX rear camera kit

and came across this website with nice diagrams:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-h...nse-plate.html

Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Default Backup camera installed (and hitch w/ harness)

Many thanks to everyone on this forum for their excellent posts. Using them, I installed a backup camera on our Outty, and while the vehicle was pulled apart, I installed the OEM hitch wiring harness, as well as a Curt hitch. I thought it would be usefull for you to see the results of the specific camera I used when you make your purchase.

I went with a CCD camera from ebay for $69.95 with free shipping from Duncans Online. It took about two weeks to get here coming from Hong Kong, but camera is quite nice. It has 110 degrees of view and IR assist.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Backu...ltDomainQ5f100

After following the direction on the first page of the post, I just used a wood hole saw bit in the drill to make the hole in the metal. That was simple enough.

I positioned it so that it overlapped the radius in the metal slightly so that it wouldn't have to cut into the visible surface of the trim piece. To accommodate that, I ground down the included adapter rings to match the surface of the metal.

Using a couple O-rings, I secured it in place with the included nut rings. Rather than splice the main harness on the nav unit for power, I just tapped into the reverse light for camera power. I didn't even splice the vehicle wire, I just squeezed the addition wire into the factory connector, and taped it very well.

For signal wire, I just used home in-wall speaker wire that I had laying around. I chose not to compromise the airbags, so I chose to run the wire along the floor. This was aided slighlty by the fact that I also installed the hitch wiring harness at the same time, so I had that little cubbie on the wheel well popped out. That, and having the jack area open allowed good access to the hole back side. Below the doors I just tucked it into the trim pieces.

At the front end, I run the wire behind the glove box, and up to the nav unit. Info on how to deal with the nav unit is on page 8 of the post. Because I already had power from the reverse light, I only needed to splice the wires of the camera connector, and avoid that big mess of the main harness.

All went quite well, and it worked on the first try. The camera quality is just fine, I'm sure that cheap nav screen is the limiting factor. You can see from the photos the angle of vision. The driveway slopes downward slightly, so you are seeing a little more than you would on a flat surface. In reality it's probably about 15-20' of vision.

It would be nice to have a little more, but as you can see, it is already cropped by the bumper below and the trim piece above. This could be greater if I were to extend the camera out further by putting the spacer sleeve on the outside rather than the inside, but then it would be a very noticeable from behind.

Also notice the red battery jumper i placed behind the vehicle. you can just see a corner of it on the screen. It is about 11 inches from the bumper. You wouldn't be able to see much more than that, because the bumper would be in way.

So all-in-all, I am very happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails  Detailed Rear Camera Installation-imag0092.jpg    Detailed Rear Camera Installation-imag0101.jpg    Detailed Rear Camera Installation-imag0098.jpg    Detailed Rear Camera Installation-imag0110.jpg    Detailed Rear Camera Installation-imag0107.jpg  

Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM

Just an FYI, I have a 2010 Outlander ES and the rear trim panel already has the cutout made in it for a rearview camera. I have not verified if all the new ones are this way.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Thats correct all the 2010 models have this trim.

Quick Reply: Detailed Rear Camera Installation